Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post in ages as I've been running 8.32 on my 520 with no problems because I had no stutter. Connected up last night was offered 8.35 as an update. Read through this 25 pages to see the problems, eventually bit the bullet did a full backup and Updated my 520.

No drama's volume ok the only things that changed were the custom car icon and the shutdown screen both reverted back to default.

Like others I was offered kate but could not download to my device then when I reconnected I wasn't offered it again.

Quick test this morning all working OK very happy so far. Very Happy
NA 2GB v8.45
kiwi69
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my volume back! Very Happy
Don't know what got it back so will list everything I did this morning (to the TT. Laughing )
Connected to Home and got the usual gps fix and map share stuff.
downloaded latest PGPS speed camera file (13th May) and put that on 530.
disconnected from pc and held the start button down till got drum roll, but kept the button held down for about another 20sec until got page appear (like bios when you start up your pc). It wouldn't do anything else so I turned it off.
It then wouldn't start. So used paperclip to reset whilst holding start button. When it started it continued last navigation instructions and voice was back to original level. Very Happy

Just went for a quick drive and it all seems to be back at the volume level before the 8.35 update. Still no response from TT except usual confirmation of question.
rossh51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPRS data connection problem with v8.350 is interesting. I have just tested my TomTom (don't use function generally) and same issue is present. I am also from Australia. Device is GO 720 and PDA is HTC Touch Pro running WM6.1. The data connection worked on previous TT versions with last working one being being 8.302. I see exact same symptoms discussed ie about 60 secs delay then a reboot. My phone network is Telstra rather than Vodaphone so this is different. Are only Australian users seeing this? Anyway, given I don't generally use function I can live with it in exchange for FM on directions and music!
quozl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rossh51 wrote:
GPRS data connection problem with v8.350 is interesting. I have just tested my TomTom (don't use function generally) and same issue is present. I am also from Australia. Device is GO 720 and PDA is HTC Touch Pro running WM6.1. The data connection worked on previous TT versions with last working one being being 8.302. I see exact same symptoms discussed ie about 60 secs delay then a reboot. My phone network is Telstra rather than Vodaphone so this is different. Are only Australian users seeing this? Anyway, given I don't generally use function I can live with it in exchange for FM on directions and music!

I just had a reply to my email query from TomTom support reagarding the GPRS issue but unfortunately it was just the generic trouble shooting instructions to get Get GPRS working.

What is so frustrating is it is obvious they failed to even read my email thoroughly as the problem isn't in making the connection between the phone and TomTom the problem is when you go to use a GPRS service like weather the TomTom freezes and reboots and the phone drops the GPRS connection. Oh well I will stick with 8.302 until they fix 8.350, I can do without the FM transmitting of route instructions and a couple of new icons in browse map but the GPRS services i use all the time Smile

EDIT: I have sent a reply to TomTom saying the following, hopefully they will take the time to investigate the issue now but I'm not holding my breath.

You seem to have failed to have even read and understood my email completely, the problem isn't in making the GPRS connection between the phone and TomTom the problem is that since the upgrade to your new firmware 8.350 that when you go to use a GPRS service like "check your weather" the TomTom freezes and reboots and the phone drops the GPRS connection.

If I revert the TomTom 930 to the 8.302 firmware the GPRS works perfectly as it should. The issue is not with my unit or my phone the issue is a bug with the Australian version of your version 8.350 firmware as can be evidenced by other Australian users having the same issue in this thread at Pocket GPS world forums.

Cheers Quozl
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quozl wrote:
What is so frustrating is it is obvious they failed to even read my email thoroughly

Don't worry, it was read VERY thoroughly. But there's nobody there, just an R2D2 or something, with intelligent text OCR capability. First word it recognises matching any of the keywords, it grinds out the standard set of replies.

Best thing to do is send your first question containing absolute gobbledy gook (e.g. qwertyuiop, asdfghjkl, zxcvbnm), then when the standard answers come back, reply with your proper question, which then gets referred to a human idiot. Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
quozl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
quozl wrote:
What is so frustrating is it is obvious they failed to even read my email thoroughly

Don't worry, it was read VERY thoroughly. But there's nobody there, just an R2D2 or something, with intelligent text OCR capability. First word it recognises matching any of the keywords, it grinds out the standard set of replies.

Best thing to do is send your first question containing absolute gobbledy gook (e.g. qwertyuiop, asdfghjkl, zxcvbnm), then when the standard answers come back, reply with your proper question, which then gets referred to a human idiot. Twisted Evil

Seriously? you must be kidding Smile It was signed by Matt D or is that an acronym for the OCR software Confused

Cheers Quozl
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! DennisN
Its ok for you to encourage users to send their questions in absolute gobbledy gook but how are we to read their gobbledy gook answers. Ah! You hadn’t thought of that.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quozl wrote:

What is so frustrating is it is obvious they failed to even read my email thoroughly ...........

You don't say?

I know we should raise issues with TT to let them know about issues but I really feel disgruntled about the time typing it. Their replies are either complete bullsh+t or a cut and paste. Anyone remember when they were cutting and pasting stuff from here to email to customers? Complete with smilies and chit chat grammar?

Sigh.
Holux GPSslim
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacted TT support a few days ago, 520 with insufficient volume at 100% got a scripted reformat etc reply, replied to that that it didn't work, next response was to send system info from TTHome.

Got this reply today:
Quote:

In regards to your query - we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this volume issue. The reduction in volume was made under 10% in order to improve overall sound quality from the internal device speaker.

Please go to Change Preferences Volume Preferences untick Link Volume to Noise Level. Now, please put the volume on 100%. The volume should now be loud enough. However, if it is still too soft, then please be advised that you can use the Line Out instead of the internal speaker.

Unticking makes no difference whatsoever, and I don't have a car stereo with a line input so the crass statement about using that is beyond belief.

I have responded to this saying that it is now unfit for purpose and that they replace it or give me a refund, can but hope!
Nolongerlost
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the TomTom out for its first run this evening after the upgrade to 8.350

For goodness sake, TomTom - the volume problem is very bad indeed.

My previously great 720 is now unusable unless you stop at the side of the road and turn the radio off!

I cannot believe that a market leading company can release these buggy updates to us, the consumer. We must all complain to TT so that they understand that this just is not acceptable.

Anyone have the email/web address to log the problem, please?

It's back to 8.302 for me unless this is solved rapidly - TomTom should hang their heads in shame...
Maps: Western_Europe v905.4754
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolongerlost wrote:
T
For goodness sake, TomTom - the volume problem is very bad indeed.

My previously great 720 is now unusable unless you stop at the side of the road and turn the radio off!

I cannot believe that a market leading company can release these buggy updates to us, the consumer. We must all complain to TT so that they understand that this just is not acceptable.

I know I keep saying this, but this simply isn't the case for me. My 720 is absolutely fine at 75-85% in a noisy old car.
Nolongerlost
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know - I don't understand why some of us are experiencing very real problems, while others seem not to be having the same faults.

I've done it now, though - just restored my v8.302 backup - reluctantly I have to say, but my unit was unusable even in a relatively quiet vehicle.
Maps: Western_Europe v905.4754
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people suffering from the volume problem should also advise which voice they are using - Kate 6.93, Kate 7.00, Kate 7.10.

I am using Kate 6.93 on my 920 and don't suffer from quiet Nav instructions, but mp3 playback is significantly quieter.

Go figure ........

Andy
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
I think people suffering from the volume problem should also advise which voice they are using - Kate 6.93, Kate 7.00, Kate 7.10.

Andy

No problems with volume on 8.35 using Kate or Simon 6.9.1

mp3 playback is OK as well.
Augustus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got it to work and everything works great except the volume it is only 20% lower so I increased to 90% and it is plenty loud. My SDHC card as not problems anymore and I get a GPS fix pretty good even inside my apartment I’m very happy with it bat it took a lot of reading in different forums anyways I reformat my card first with the Panasonic universal SDHC format software then I only copy this files in root folder of the 730

Map of North AMERICA v830.2284
-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Augustus on Thu May 14, 2009 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 26 of 39

Jump to: