Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spannersatcx wrote:
Quote:
Even if the volume is slightly lower (I'm not convinced of that, yet)
You're not convinced of what, that the volume is lower ors slightly lower (in that how can people tell) I can assure you that it is significantly lower so much so with a radio on at a modeate level and normal road noise you CAN NOT hear spoken instructions on my 520 that was fine before. Mad

Yes I realise what you're saying but I can assure you that is NOT the case on any of my three updated units. So it ain't simple....
wigfield
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ive done a test of my own

With the new navcore:

Tested in car:100% volume if i want to hear it while ive got the radio on anything below is useless

In a van 100% volume can only just hear it on 100% without radio.

Back to the last navcore 80% volume in Car/Van with radio on
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone done any tests on whether earlier tweaking done with voice files from previous releses/fixes from here have any bearing on this? I can't for the life of me remember what I did when trying to fix the stutter but I'm sure there was some voice file swapping going on wasn't there? I might try deleting voices and redownload to see if that fixes it. Would explain the random nature of this issue. Anyone tried that?
Holux GPSslim
paynee2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that the volume on my 520 is now significantly lower.

I updated to the latest release last week and realised there was a volume problem. I switched maps from the SD to the one on the HD and it was back to normal but upon further investigation i found that only my SD card had updated to the latest version and not the tomtom itself. I then updated the tomtom with the latest version and now have the same low volume problem.

"Link volume to noise level" option unticked

Conclusive evidence that there is a problem.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, decided to just try it. Connected to Home, deleted Kate and the bloke computer voices electing not to save a backup. Then downloaded replacement via home, still the same.
Holux GPSslim
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paynee2k wrote:
I can confirm that the volume on my 520 is now significantly lower.

I updated to the latest release last week and realised there was a volume problem. I switched maps from the SD to the one on the HD and it was back to normal but upon further investigation i found that only my SD card had updated to the latest version and not the tomtom itself. I then updated the tomtom with the latest version and now have the same low volume problem.

"Link volume to noise level" option unticked

Conclusive evidence that there is a problem.

I'm now of a different opinion. I updated the system on the SD card of my 520 and had, like you the low volume issue. The Internal Memory has Navcore 7.221 and Map 715 on it and when I booted from that, I had 'normal' volume levels.

Backed up both the Internal Memory and SD Card to my pc and installed a backup copy of 8.302 & Map 815 to the Internal Memory - correct volume.

I then allowed HOME to update the Internal memory and the volume levels are unchanged. Finally, I backed up the Internal Memory, deleted everything and restored the backup of 7.221/715 to it and then wiped the SD card and copied the updated internal memory backup to the card.

I can now boot on either and the volume is exactly as before the upgrade and Kate at 30% - 40% in my Astra is just fine.

I know it's a bit of a faff, but it worked for me. YMMV.

Last edited by richard345 on Tue May 12, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ric - but what are you saying? That volume levels are fine on yours but are you running 8.350 - the latest, or just the previous version, since it does seem you are not running 8.350 thus should not have the issue. Or have I missed something?
reapeer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt865 wrote:
This release seems to have fixed the 31mph bug.

Now that I have a satellite lock it my device tells me I am doing 0/30 mph instead of 0/31mph. Very Happy

edit: like some other new navcores, when you browse the map it shows you a floating arrow tip that shows the distance to home/ destination, plus an arrow showing North in relation to the direction you should be heading.

edit2: operate my Go is working right off the bat too.

which model tom tom do you have my 920 has updated ok no problems with the sound or with kates voice but i dont have the icons you have when i browse the maps
i want them and i want them now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad Laughing Out Loud
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoom in then scroll the map so your Home, destination and current position are no longer on the display, as soon as these loactions go off map the pointer appear to show you where they are relative to your display.
If this still doesn't work try Browse Map/ Options/ Advanced and make sure "Markers" is selected - Mike
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very happy with my 720 right now ,the voice is a bit lower but I can still hear with the radio on and I have ear problems and can't hear a thing Laughing Out Loud , see they fixed the delete poi acceptance and like all the minor changes they have made ..I think the car symbol has been changed slightly as my stealth now has a fine red line around it and I'm sure there never was a shadow beneath it too ....thing is I still seem to be getting to my destination fine so no problem there
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightyyid wrote:
Thanks Ric - but what are you saying? That volume levels are fine on yours but are you running 8.350 - the latest, or just the previous version, since it does seem you are not running 8.350 thus should not have the issue. Or have I missed something?

Sorry for being unclear. Both application versions are working fine now. Kate on 30-40% volume on 8.35 is more than loud enough in my Astra.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard345 wrote
Quote:
volume levels are uncganhed
Question Question Question
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
richard345 wrote
Quote:
volume levels are uncganhed
Question Question Question

Original edited to read 'unchanged' Embarassed Embarassed

Dyslexic fingers and a Senior Moment - got my bus pass last weekend. Rolling Eyes
reapeer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Zoom in then scroll the map so your Home, destination and current position are no longer on the display, as soon as these loactions go off map the pointer appear to show you where they are relative to your display.
If this still doesn't work try Browse Map/ Options/ Advanced and make sure "Markers" is selected - Mike

once again ya come up with the good
it was ticked but i never wandered off the map before far enough so now they appear i think they are usefull but then i am a gadgit man
just one small point for those who have trouble with voices my voices are not in tom tom itself they are on a sd card when i first had problems with Kates voice she would start to givve instructions then break up support tried everything to fix it, then i got an SD card changed devices in tom tom home and did an update my device all the voices came down for update to the card along with maps and application so i put the voices only on the card because of its size and all is well dont know if anyone else has tried this but its worth a go
cheers mike Razz
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure about the markers, if I am at home, the distance to GPS marker and the distance to Home marker can show very different figures when I would have expected them to be the same.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 23 of 39

Jump to: