Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My old USA Map on TomTom One V4?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My old USA Map on TomTom One V4?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: My old USA Map on TomTom One V4? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've just bought a TomTom One V4 with Western European maps on it. I already own a TomTom One "classic".

Last year I went to the US and before I went I bought the USA map for it, which obviously I put onto an SD card. I have since changed computer so it doesn't appear in my TomTom Home or anything.

Is it possible to copy this map back off of my old TomTom and put it onto my new one? Or will it not work and/or not fit? If memory serves it was just over a gig.

Cheers,
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded maps are "locked" to the device they were intended for, in order to prevent multiple copies being made and sold (piracy).
Therefore you cannot use the old map in the new device.

If you bought the map less than a year ago, it is probably still available for download from "Home", if you log in with your original account name, but it will still only work with the old machine.

If you no longer had the old machine (i.e. broken or stolen), it is *just* possible that if you rang TomTom and asked for the new device to be put onto your old account (in place of the old one, not as an addition), then you could ask them to re-allocate the map to the new device (saying the old one broke...). However, as you still have the old device, this won't be possible.

Maps are like software... you don't *buy* them. All you bought was a Licence to use them on one TomTom unit.
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cheers, Andy.

I'll just have to lug the old one over to the states rather than take the nice smaller newer one!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: