Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon FreshMaps - Anyone Manged it Yet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon FreshMaps - Anyone Manged it Yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeS48
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Navigon FreshMaps - Anyone Manged it Yet? Reply with quote

I bought a Navigon 2150 Max with the FreshMaps voucher in December, and paid the discounted fee shortly after.

I was notified (can't remember how, to be honest), that Q1 of 2009 was now available for d'load through Navigon Fresh but despite several attempts over a week or two to do so, all I get is the message "server not answering, please try later".

Has anyone actually managed to download the update, or am I missing something somewhere?
ASDTi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to download a new map for my 8110, but they have a serious case of server overload at Navigon I think.

I managed it in the early afternoon (around 3pm) - and even then it took around 20 minutes for each and every step to initiate, let alone to complete(update software first, then update map etc...)

I did report it to Navigon, but they did their usual 'no-one else has ever reported that' routine...

My only reccomendation is to persevere - eventually it will work.
MikeS48
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that - I'll keep trying. I'll do the email thing, too.
Roy124
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only just got Q4/2008. No problems once they gave me the code.
MikeS48
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASDTi wrote:
I managed to download a new map for my 8110, but they have a serious case of server overload at Navigon I think.

I managed it in the early afternoon (around 3pm) - and even then it took around 20 minutes for each and every step to initiate, let alone to complete(update software first, then update map etc...)

I did report it to Navigon, but they did their usual 'no-one else has ever reported that' routine...

My only reccomendation is to persevere - eventually it will work.

Can I ask how you reported it to Navigon? I can't see a way on their web-site, other than the premium rate phone line.

Another month has passed, nearly, and I only ever get the Server Not Answering - Please Try Later message. It's nearly May now, and I'm still trying to download the January update!
Roy124
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

email SUPPORT@NAVIGON.COM

response is slow to non-existent but you might strike lucky.

I managed a Q1/2009 update but the upload button was just off the software frame; I was just abe to catch it.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, Navigon is going thru a bit of "restructure" at the moment, so they probably have their hands full. I would watch for a press release in the next 72 hours concerning their US operations.
MikeS48
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success at last!

Hadn't heard from Navigon yet, but as it turns out it was nothing to do with them - at least, I don't think so.

Thought I'd try the download on my wife's laptop, so last night I installed Navigon Fresh - and it worked exactly as it should, straight off. I upgraded the device software to the latest version, and downloaded the Q1/2009 maps.

Don't know why Navigon kept saying "Server not answering - please try later" on my PC.

Just happy I got there in the end.

Thanks
OddJobMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems getting thru to the Fresh Map page while clicking the link from Navigon website. When I manually put in the web address I got thru straight away and registered.
technobile
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Points of Interest sub categories Reply with quote

Haven't had issues connecting to server but have had a problem with Q1/2009; having downloaded the updates the speed limit signs which were always visibile now only appear on major roads so went back to Q3/2008 but now have a problem with POI. When I select POI and input a town the categories tab is preselected with All Categories and the keyboard is greyed out. The drop down arrow to pick a sub category is also greyed out so I can only select All Categories so they appear alphabetically and you have to scroll down down, right pain when you are searching for somewhere that starts with a 'w'. Anyone had similar and got any ideas? Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: