Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x20 and x30 TTS voice stutter and map lag petition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x20 and x30 TTS voice stutter and map lag petition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

090220-008453

Dont like to be left out of the list.

TomTom obviously arent that bothered about bad publicity but there again how many people who don't have one of the units (the proverbial "man in the street" who buys sat nav units from Halfords!) will have heard about it?

As for the reason why it happens on some but not all units - there are all sorts of timing issues etc which can be very borderline and make the hardware support of the app dependant on manufacturing tolerances.

They could even have a fix for it in a new version of the app which needs a new map version which is not ready yet (we can live in hope Shocked ).

Still waiting ......
OrangeMikey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenglide wrote:
090220-008453

Dont like to be left out of the list.

090220-008324 nor me. I did e-mail this to one of the admins whilst waiting for the forum registration to go through my slow e-mail!
markloveland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the list. I've tried everything TT have requested and problem still exists.

1090128-003640
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on whether this issue is going to be covered in Watchdog this upcoming week?

iPhone 12
doubledrat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's mine

090103-003696 - they're suggestion was to wipe it and start from scratch (which I did - I had a couple of hours to spare Mad - funnily enough it made no difference whatsoever)

920T

on top of the stuttering, I can go for HOURS without a traffic signal being picked up. This makes the T in 920T a pretty useless extra expense.

also, a friend has a stuttering 720 - 081120-009092

Last edited by doubledrat on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
doubledrat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those of you with slow map refresh, I found that if you stop displaying POIs as you drive, it makes a big difference. Preferences/Show POI on map/untick ALL OF THEM

I would still say that later sw releases are hogging more and more resources, because I've always used the above trick and when I first got my 920T it would make it run as smooth as a baby's bum, but not it just reduces the jerkiness to a bearable level.
F2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Electro shock therapy Reply with quote

wrrober wrote:

When this happens, I do a 'paper clip reset' (kind of like electro-shock therapy) and that tends to bring the device back to normal for several days.

In fact, I now carry a special paper clip in my car, just for the purpose of resetting my new high-end GPS...!

I just thought I would share this "tip" with the community, while waiting for a proper fix from TT.

I think you have an excellent idea for a Tomtom add-on - an engraved silver, gold or platinum paper clip to reset the bollixed up Tomtom!!!!
Nairbh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: stutter Reply with quote

yep I have the same bad stutter problem on a new 720 and 520 (both bought in Jan 09). They are both right upto date with navcore and map - and the stutter is unbearable on both (520 is now my sisters). I don't have any map judder, but do lose the voice completey at times (including camera alerts!!) after lots of stutter - requires re-boot for short term solution, then starts stuttering again. I really hope tomtom do something about this as one of the reasons I got myself the 720, was the ability of the device to read out road names. Also disapointed as others with lack of FM instuctions to radio. Now I'll go and register fault with tomtom...

720= Navecore 8.301. Map 815.2003. Home 2.5. free memory reported at bootup 16.4mb (seems low to me?)

here's my refs:
720= 090222-000347 registered sun 22 @ 7:18am
520= 090222-000359 registered sun 22 @ 07:41
Nairbh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Voice Stutter Reply with quote

here are the words I used to log my issues with tomtom (2 submissions - 720 & 520 ref numbers in above post)...

My TOMTOM 520 suffers badly from computer voice stutter (Kate) and at times the voice stops completely unless I re-boot, then it starts to stutter again! It has been like this since I bought the unit in Jan 09 from totalpda.com (TOMTOM refurbished). I have seen that there are many other users with exactly the same problems on various forums.

Please advise when this will be resolved and if it will require a new version of map (when released). If it is a map issue, will I be entitled to a free map upgrade to resolve the problem as it appears my unit does not function as advertised?
doubledrat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

layingback wrote:

And night time display switch doesn't function.

neither does mine. I'd assumed the sensor was blocked or something, but now you say yours doesn't I wonder if it's yet another bug.

if you enable auto switch in the daytime, does it just immediately go to nighttime view? that's my symptom
Roberthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: TomTom Stutter Reply with quote

090119-003265

Was advised to wipe and re-install voices - no improvement !
CS
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: RDS Traffic Receiver function not working Reply with quote

Like many others my TomTom, a 720T, has suffered the same setbacks as many have reported here (but also some self created POIs seems to lose their colouring) , since installing the 8.3 navcore updates. When I contacted TomTom I was advised to roll back my 720T to version 7.481.9086. To be fair most of the problems disappeared but then I began reading the problems reported here and decided to update to 8.320 and even to 8.204 but now I am unable to get traffic via the RDS Traffic Receiver.

I intend reporting this to TomTom (and then ading my refernce number on this site) but can anyone suggest what IO should do (if anything) to restore traffic information via the RDS receiver?

Are there missing files that I need to restore or something else that needs to be reset that I have overlooked?

Help please.

TomTom20T
Currently 8.204 (9718/081105) OS:232962
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5106
Maps: Western Europe v710.1561
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: RDS Traffic Receiver function not working Reply with quote

CS wrote:
Are there missing files that I need to restore or something else that needs to be reset that I have overlooked?

I would consider running Navcore 8,010 on your device as the newer software releases offer no benefit at all when you bear in mind the version of maps you are using, even the 7,221 Navcore would be worth considering.

If you want to try the 8,320 Navcore make sure you also have the newer voice files installed, you can find the required download links and instructions for this set up by clicking Here - Mike
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

090223-000167

To old to die young.
piergino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenglide wrote:

TomTom obviously arent that bothered about bad publicity but there again how many people who don't have one of the units (the proverbial "man in the street" who buys sat nav units from Halfords!) will have heard about it?

Start a mailing chain to inform the "man in the street" if we do not get success with this operation, watchdog etc??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: