Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom one XL and the latest maps guarantee..i need help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom one XL and the latest maps guarantee..i need help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam1970 wrote:
Acording to the leaflet i wil be prompted to use the code when i am using LMG and it is valid for 30 days but as LMG keeps telling me that my maps are up to date, eventhough they are not, it never asked me to put any codes in!!!

O.K.

I should still wait until the updated map is released. Then contact TT if no luck. They will sort it as I said before. Just make sure you contact them within the 30 days, and they will fix it Laughing
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

To avoid any chance of it not working with your device though I would stick to obtaining the map from TT, the map is currently £39:99 and will most probably be more up to date than something being flogged on E-Bay - Mike

but when you buy from tomtom you download the maps rather than having them on SD card so will there be enough space on the device to add australia maps to uk ones? the other option i culd think of is to insert empty sd card to download maps from TT to but that will be the same as buying the sd card from ebay apart from it being more up todate. Am I talking rubbish? please correct me if i am wrong
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you purchase a blank 2GB card then copy the contents from the existing card or built in memory to the new card there will be sufficiant space to add the Aussy map to the same card.
You switch maps on the device by selecting Change Preferences/ Manage Maps/ Switch Map, you then select the map you want to use from the presented list.

Some TomTom Map cards have the map locked to the specific card they are supplied on, IF this is the case with the e-bay maps then they will be of no use to you as you wouldn't be able to add the files required to get the device working correctly - Mike
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all guys...you have been very helpful. now another question please.. where is the best place to get POIs and what is the maximum number of POI the one xl will handle?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of accurate POI files available on This Page, I don't know the exact quantity of custom POI categories a One XL can use, the Go devices are limited to around 169 but this varies depending upon the software version installed - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on the model Sam.
You've got a good one!
I didn't think that model was still available, but with the wide-screen AND an SD card slot it's a cracker!
Thar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sam, I have just purchased the same version of the XL as you...mine is a refurb from TotalPDA but it's like new. I got the same voucher and found like you that I wasn't asked for the code when I connected to the TomTom site via Home.

I thought I had downloaded the latest maps but now realise that it was the app version that had updated rather than the maps Embarassed even so I have map v715.1689 apparently, which seems to be a newer version than you have.

I am going to try again in the 30 days until my guarantee runs out but would appreciate it if you let me know via this thread if you are successful in updating yours.

TIA

Just tried a couple more times and getting an "internal server error" Confused
Thar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update- I just persevered and got there in the end. Now running v8.15 maps, hope you got yours updated sam.
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks thar..sorry but i didnot check the thread for few days. i am still stuck with the old maps. i contacted tomtom who asked me to delete the maps and trying the LMG but that did not work. they tried other things which also diid not work. finally they asked me to email them proof of purchase which i did 3 days ago and i heard nothing since then. to be honest i am a bit annoyed that i am wasting time sorting out this mess on a brand new device.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam1970 wrote:
Finally they asked me to email them proof of purchase which i did 3 days ago and i heard nothing since then. to be honest i am a bit annoyed that i am wasting time sorting out this mess on a brand new device.

It is annoying that this happens. But now that you have contacted them don't be to concerned. They (can) take 14-21 days to come back to you sometimes. But if the updated map that is due becomes available within the time it takes them to reply then you may find that you get the very latest map.
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had an email from tomtom yestarday saying that they could not sort out the problem with my device and they moved the matter to a higher team!!!what does that mean? how long will it take them to sort this out?
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam1970 wrote:
i had an email from tomtom yestarday saying that they could not sort out the problem with my device and they moved the matter to a higher team!!!what does that mean? how long will it take them to sort this out?

That seems the norm with TT. Think that means it will be a couple of weeks as I said before.

You can only wait Crying or Very sad
superplum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had (have) the same problem in that Home doesn't recognise the new models (mine is XL31). It took 7 days (12-19 Jan) going through the motions of the email reporting system before I got an assurance that my LMG would be honoured regardless of time - IE, when the system is upgraded and also that they would keep me informed (I'm still watching them!).
Royston
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: TT1 version 3 European maps Reply with quote

Thar wrote:
Hi sam, I have just purchased the same version of the XL as you...mine is a refurb from TotalPDA but it's like new. I got the same voucher and found like you that I wasn't asked for the code when I connected to the TomTom site via Home.

I thought I had downloaded the latest maps but now realise that it was the app version that had updated rather than the maps Embarassed even so I have map v715.1689 apparently, which seems to be a newer version than you have.

I am going to try again in the 30 days until my guarantee runs out but would appreciate it if you let me know via this thread if you are successful in updating yours.

TIA

Just tried a couple more times and getting an "internal server error" Confused

I purchased a tomtom 1 v3 european maps from total PDA on 27/01/09. Refurbished but like new with years warranty. I just plugged it into my PC and it took 1.5 hours to download version 8.010 and v815.2024 W.Europe maps. Didn't use enclosed voucher code as I believe it is no longer in use but all completely automated. Hope this helps anyone. By the way, got it for £74.74 with free postage if you go to find-satnav-deals.co.uk
revmrf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the U.S., I've been on the phone three times with TT Support regarding getting an updated map on a refurbished model. Without the green card, they will not honor the NMG. See: http://us.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/tomtom_us.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7952&Lid=4

I'm sending my device back. Shameful marketing as I can get a new XL-S for less total money than paying to update my maps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: