Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT GO 500 & Map Share
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT GO 500 & Map Share

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Typhoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: TT GO 500 & Map Share Reply with quote

Hi

I have a TT GO 500 running application ver 7.903 and UK & Rep Ireland Map 815.2024.

I noticed on TT Home this evening while doing a few bits of updating that I could use Map Share so I duly signed up.

However whilst I can setup what updates I want to download I don't seem to have a menu option 'Map Corrections' on the GO 500 for creating updates.

Am I missing something here or doesn't that part of Map Share work on a GO 500.
bw2020
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Typhoon,
I also have a TT Go 500 with application v7.903 and maps UK & Republic of Ireland v815.2024.
On page 2 of 3 of my Main Menu I have Map Corrections option at top right of screen next to Browse Map and before Add Favourite.
Hope this helps?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason for MapShare not showing up correctly on the devices is due to having a custom menu running on the device, have a look in the SdkRegistry folder for a file named TomTom.mnu if it is present re-name the file to TomTom_Old.mnu then see if you can find the MapShare options - Mike
Typhoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Another reason for MapShare not showing up correctly on the devices is due to having a custom menu running on the device, have a look in the SdkRegistry folder for a file named TomTom.mnu if it is present re-name the file to TomTom_Old.mnu then see if you can find the MapShare options - Mike

Thanks both for your replies.

I have renamed the TomTom.mnu file as suggested and now I can see the map correction option Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you have also discovered the HelpMe icon as that won't have been seen either running a custom menu Wink - Mike
Typhoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I bet you have also discovered the HelpMe icon as that won't have been seen either running a custom menu Wink - Mike

Hi Mike

Don't have a HelpMe icon Sad

Is there anything else new that I should be seeing as well

Another problem I have is the splash screen on start hasn't updated even though I have changed the picture.

I have tried the select 'Startup Preferences' then select 'Done' which should give me a message asking if I want to change picture but it just goes straight back to the map!! Rolling Eyes
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Change Preferences/ Show All Menu options and the HelpMe icon should appear in the main menu options.

What is the name and pixel size of the splash screen you are trying to use, it needs to be "splash.bmp" (without the "") and should reside in the root of the memory card - Mike
Typhoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Try Change Preferences/ Show All Menu options and the HelpMe icon should appear in the main menu options.

What is the name and pixel size of the splash screen you are trying to use, it needs to be "splash.bmp" (without the "") and should reside in the root of the memory card - Mike

Already had 'Show All Menu Options' selected so changed option and then changed back again still no HelpMe icon!!

The file name is splash.bmp and is 169KB and it is located in the root. It was downloaded from the TomTom site and if I double click on it from Windows Explorer it opens up and dispalys the picture I was expecting to see but when I boot up the GO500 it still displays the old splash image.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit, the new .bmp may reside in a folder called startup rather than the root. You can't have 2 files named the same thing.

Either that, or try a pin reset...... but I suspect your new photo is not in the root of the unit.
Typhoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
I think if you use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit, the new .bmp may reside in a folder called startup rather than the root. You can't have 2 files named the same thing.

Either that, or try a pin reset...... but I suspect your new photo is not in the root of the unit.

Hi David

I have looked with Explorer and the splash.bmp file is definitely in the root directory, I don't have a folder called Startup. I have also done a search on the whole of the TT and there isn't a second file called splash.bmp hiding anywhere else.

I have also tried a reset and that has made no difference to either the opening screen or the missing HelpMe menu option.

Will have to leave things for now as I'm away for a week from tomorrow but will continue investigating when I'm back.

Cheers

Dave
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typhoon wrote:

I have looked with Explorer and the splash.bmp file is definitely in the root directory, I don't have a folder called Startup. I have also done a search on the whole of the TT and there isn't a second file called splash.bmp hiding anywhere else.

Where is the original splash screen image coming from then? It only exists as a .bmp.
Typhoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Where is the original splash screen image coming from then? It only exists as a .bmp.

I've got no idea. But the image I'm getting on start up is a TomTom logo and my splash.bmp picture is a helicopter which I'm not seeing on start up.

Also having changed my tomtom.mnu to tomtomold.mnu where is the device getting the default menu from?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The default menu is built in to the sofware, the device will only use a custom menu if the file exists in the correct location with the right file name.
As for your bmp file you can e-mail it to me and I will have a look see why its not working on one of my units, use the e-mail button under this post as thats a live account - Mike
Typhoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike, email on its way to you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: