Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - WARNING: M4 Specs Cameras Westbound between j14/j15
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

WARNING: M4 Specs Cameras Westbound between j14/j15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irishkiwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: WARNING: M4 Specs Cameras Westbound between j14/j15 Reply with quote

There is an average speed camera zone on the m4 near swindon.
In the 7.014 database the specs cameras are marked at 50mph, but i was there yesterday (Jan 31st 2009) and they are actually all 40mph.

If these have not been updated - they need to be.
This refers to westbound only. Not sure about eastbound.

Be careful.
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you have reported this change in the relevent form on the database submissions form Question
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: WARNING: M4 Specs Cameras Westbound between j14/j15 Reply with quote

irishkiwi wrote:
There is an average speed camera zone on the m4 near swindon.
In the 7.014 database the specs cameras are marked at 50mph, but i was there yesterday (Jan 31st 2009) and they are actually all 40mph.

If these have not been updated - they need to be.
This refers to westbound only. Not sure about eastbound.

Be careful.

we've had a couple of submissions stating this - the more the merrier to assist with confirmation!!

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pain, it's hardly more than a week since I drove the route and verified them at 50mph!! Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done submissions for the Westbound after I went through on Friday.
Come back the other way today and it is the same for the eastbound.

It is 40mph both ways for sure.

I have not done submissions for the eastbound because I'm sure someone will have beaten me to it.

Also as an aside, Reading both ways there si a 50mph in, and narrow lanes, but no sign of any cameras. - both West and East, Goes for quite a distance, but if memory serves me, this has been there for a few weeks now.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

253 wrote:
I have not done submissions for the eastbound because I'm sure someone will have beaten me to it.

You don't suppose everybody else has said to themselves they won't submit because you're bound to have already? Embarassed I can't guarantee it, but I wouldn't be surprised if our DB administrator accepted the change without waiting for me or another verifier if he received several submissions - I think he has been known to accept temporary roadworks cameras after a bunch of identical submissions.

Brownie1990
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in swindon, the average speed cameras there are definitely 50 or im going to get a lot of fines. There are 40 average cameras futher down towards london, not between junction 15/16.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
253 wrote:

You don't suppose everybody else has said to themselves they won't submit because you're bound to have already? Embarassed I can't guarantee it, but I wouldn't be surprised if our DB administrator accepted the change without waiting for me or another verifier if he received several submissions - I think he has been known to accept temporary roadworks cameras after a bunch of identical submissions.

I was thinking of that after I posted, so I did a sneaky and did the eastbound as well. Very Happy
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownie1990 wrote:
i live in swindon, the average speed cameras there are definitely 50 or im going to get a lot of fines. There are 40 average cameras futher down towards london, not between junction 15/16.
Just to help out Dennis, or anyone who happens to be passing, when did you last check the speed limit for these cameras? Can you give the camera ids?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a look at the camera submit page, the Specs in question are now showing the 40mph limit. So I suspect the correct speed will be shown in the update this week. Very Happy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

253 wrote:
I just had a look at the camera submit page, the Specs in question are now showing the 40mph limit. So I suspect the correct speed will be shown in the update this week. Very Happy

well, i was actually planning on going back in and reverting them to 70 just to wind you lot up Shocked Laughing

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
Brownie1990 wrote:
Just to help out Dennis, or anyone who happens to be passing, when did you last check the speed limit for these cameras? Can you give the camera ids?

Friday 23rd January - I accepted one at J16@50mph (65315) and rejected 3 between J15 and J14 (65327, 65453 and 65455). It was mostly a confirmation run through, "all" other cameras having been verified already and still correct and active in the two separate sections. The J15 to 14 ones were 50mph when I went through - I'd have noticed, cos' 40mph is unusual.

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, for anybody who may be tempted to think verifying is straightforward, at the same time as we got early reports these had changed from 50 to 40mph, we ALSO started getting requests to remove the westbound ones because they were no longer in use!! Laughing Laughing Laughing (This is not intended to start a discussion on whether or not they are there, simply to point out that we do get "different" submissions).

Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
253 wrote:

well, i was actually planning on going back in and reverting them to 70 just to wind you lot up Shocked Laughing

MaFt

Don't you dare!! Very Happy
irishkiwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownie1990 wrote:

.......which is why my original post says "between junction 14 and 15"..........

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: