Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 2150 MAX
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 2150 MAX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Copperface
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Navigon 2150 MAX Reply with quote

I need to buy a Satnav to use in western Europe, primarily France, and also daily use in the UK.
Was going to go for the Garmin 265W (not too fussed about the Traffic option) but then saw that Amazon had slashed the price of the 2150 Max to £159ish, see here.

Never had a satnav before, and am leaning toward the Navigon as I like the look of it and like the lane assistance feature. Quite like the Bluetooth handsfree but this is not essential. Not fussed about playing mp3s etc.

Anyone got any advice about Navigon themselves, customer service (I've heard TT are a nightmare, Garmin supposed to be good) but don't see much about Navigon. Accuracy of maps, speed camera data in UK and Europe etc etc are they likely to be OK?

Does anyone know if its possible to turn off the annoying beeps or bongs when over the speed limit (borrowed my sisters Garmin 265wt and it annoyed the hell out of me).

Can the PGPSW camera database be put on this?

Basically what I'm after is an opinion from an experienced satnav user, or navigon owner about the 2150 MAX and any pitfalls or negatives be highlighted before I take the plunge. £160 is going to be my max price plus the £20 for two years map upgrades.

many thanks
treveden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Navigon 2150 max Reply with quote

Hi

did you buy the Navigon? I am also looking at this model on Amazon. I am using the tomtom 700 at the moment .

Need to re[place this for this years coming travels of Spain and France. I have recieved some useful advice from other members on my Navigon post, they may be of help to you . look up my Navigon post

trev
Copperface
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly did and all up and running at the moment. New Q1 2009 maps been released today as well. The offer for two years map updates via Freshmaps was in the box and valid for purchases of the unit until the end of 2009 - just need to enter the code when buying map updates - total of 19-95 euros.
Seems excellent to me (but there again it is my first satnav) and when playing with it, it follows the route I normally take to work anyway, and seductively whispers 'Beware' when approaching a speedcam.
POIs seem OK although haven't really got into them yet. Good postcode search, takes me to the door, and says 'Your destination is on the left'.
No problems yet, although the screen mount fell off once, but I think that was down to a windscreen with a bit of condensation and me not cleaning either the windscreen or the suction cup properly.
Overall pretty impressed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: