Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Activate LIVE services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Activate LIVE services
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlstr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarmock wrote:
Needless to say TomTom have failed to get my 940 working with LIVE. they promised to pass the call to 2nd line support as they felt the issue was somethign about my device registration on their servers, and I could expect it to be working after the weekend.

Nothing has changed, and despite updating online support case there is no response.

Do they EVER respond to the online cases? or is the only way to get any type of response to call?

There IS some light at the end of the tunnel for those getting Error 2031 or similar. I've been trying to get my TT940 sorted since early December. I've only used online support which was slow, but eventually I got this back:

"My apologies for the delay. We have determined what was happening with your live services and this has been corrected. Please do the following and your services will work. Also please do not log in for the remainder of your trial period as this will stop the services from working correctly."

So they clearly *do* know what the problem is, and how to fix it. It works now, even if I do login to my account!

Now for the fuel voucher... :-)
beashley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarmock wrote:
Needless to say TomTom have failed to get my 940 working with LIVE. they promised to pass the call to 2nd line support as they felt the issue was somethign about my device registration on their servers, and I could expect it to be working after the weekend.

Nothing has changed, and despite updating online support case there is no response.

Do they EVER respond to the online cases? or is the only way to get any type of response to call?

I also have been having the same problem since 4th Dec 2008. On Monday 5th Jan I sent a firm reply reminding them of their promise of 2nd line support. A reply today promised they were looking into the problem, low and behold at 14:00 GMT Live switched on showing User Anonymous and expiry's of 7th April 2009.

Readers of this thread can draw their own conclusions as to how this started but rest assured I had done nothing my end and I doubt divine intervention from above.

Here's hoping it still works tomorrow so keep pushing.
ccarmock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlstr wrote:

"My apologies for the delay. We have determined what was happening with your live services and this has been corrected. Please do the following and your services will work. Also please do not log in for the remainder of your trial period as this will stop the services from working correctly."

So they clearly *do* know what the problem is, and how to fix it. It works now, even if I do login to my account!

Sounds like some progress then, what was it they said you had to do to get it working then?
karlstr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarmock wrote:
karlstr wrote:

Sounds like some progress then, what was it they said you had to do to get it working then?

They said to do a factory reset - but I didnt actually have to do anything. It just started working, once they'd fixed their end!
beashley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlstr wrote:

They said to do a factory reset - but I didnt actually have to do anything. It just started working, once they'd fixed their end!

It is still working today and I have now managed to Login. All appears perfect, I honestly believe the whole problem was their end all this factory reset etc was a load of codswallop, once they enabled the Simm it all works faultlessly. Trusting all with Live 940 issues have the same outcome as I have and enjoy a nice piece of equipment.
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some trepedation after reading these posts I switched on my new 540 today. The live services seem to work ok except the fuel prices. It tells me that there is "no information available" and I should conect to TomTom Home so that it can download it. Is this not what the live service should be doing?
I live in a rural area, petrol station are few and far between so maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratman633 wrote:
....fuel prices. It tells me that there is "no information available" and I should conect to TomTom Home so that it can download it. Is this not what the live service should be doing?

Nope, that's the way this particular "Live" service works. Confused

Edit: Please ignore... I'm talking rubbish. Embarassed

Last edited by Andy_P on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
beashley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
ratman633 wrote:
....fuel prices. It tells me that there is "no information available" and I should conect to TomTom Home so that it can download it. Is this not what the live service should be doing?

Go to main Menu 3 of 3

Select TomTom Services

Select Fuel Prices (choose Fuel Type)

Select Update (Make your selection)

Maybe you are out of range!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beashley wrote:
Andy_P wrote:
ratman633 wrote:

Please ignore my reply above... I'm talking rubbish. But I've never seen an update via Live - see below.

beashley wrote:
Go to main Menu 3 of 3

Select TomTom Services

Select Fuel Prices (choose Fuel Type)

Select Update (Make your selection)

Maybe you are out of range!

I don't get an "update" option here because I already have the latest prices (via Home). In order to get updates via Live Services, I have to CHANGE my fuel to a different type.
I'd often wondered why I couldn't get the fuel prices via the sim card! Laughing
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driven into town today, tried to update it there and hey presto it worked!
Now I suppose I should connect it to home I'll use another e-mail address and see how I go.
Thanks for the help.
ccarmock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally after two more phone calls and some whinging that my call had been stuck with 2nd line for ages TomTom support finally got the live trial working for me.

They asked me to factory reset once more, which I did and then leave username as anonymous and lo and behold all the live services have started to work.
beashley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarmock wrote:
Finally after two more phone calls and some whinging that my call had been stuck with 2nd line for ages TomTom support finally got the live trial working for me.

They asked me to factory reset once more, which I did and then leave username as anonymous and lo and behold all the live services have started to work.

Glad to read you are up and running, I did not need to do the factory reset again it just started by itself at 14:00 one afternoon.

I told support and they said it was the time they were working on the server. They also said to Login under my username and password and all would be well. After gritting my teeth and logging on Eureka it worked, it came up with a message saying if I logged on with TomTom Home I may get a free map upgrade, no such luck.

Never the less I have claimed for my 50 pound Fuel card which should go through alright. My opinion still is they had not 'switched on' my Simm

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: