Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom ONE v3 - Itinerary Planning - Navcore 8
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom ONE v3 - Itinerary Planning - Navcore 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
45Richard45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: TomTom ONE v3 - Itinerary Planning - Navcore 8 Reply with quote

Hey,

Been a while since i've been on the forums - happy new year! Very Happy

Just tried changing the menu stucture on my v3 (running v8.010) and whilst operating the device through the computer itinerary planning actually works!

Which has gotten me thinking - what files is TomTom home using when it's "operating my device"?

Obviously it might have a set of code for PC operation and uses the personalisation files from the device, in which case this is really barking up the wrong tree, but what if it's not?...
45Richard45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, it looks like it runs a full emulation.

But - I've managed to get v815 maps running with itinerary planning on Navcore v7.9 so I did at least have some success.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45Richard45 wrote:
But - I've managed to get v815 maps running with itinerary planning on Navcore v7.9 so I did at least have some success.
Thats quite interesting, how have you managed this? - Mike
45Richard45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
45Richard45 wrote:
Thats quite interesting, how have you managed this? - Mike

The v7.9 navcore was released for the ONE v1 and v2 to specifically allow them to run the v8 maps - I managed to source a copy of it from another forum - although was sceptical as both the v1 and v2 use SD cards, but it appears so far that this isn't a problem.

Putting the downloaded zip in the TomTom\Home\download\complete\program folder, it was recognised by Home and allowed me to uninstall the 8.010 application and install 7.900. (Although something has gone adrift as tomtom home thinks the 8.010 is installed on the device which as far as I can see just means it isn't offering me the updates to the application software.)

Then did the custom menu trick on it and i'm now on the latest maps with itinerary planning Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: