Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Red Light & Gatso Dual Camera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Light & Gatso Dual Camera
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh OK. I did read that, but got confused by it... I could just be stupid though.

So it shows the cameras I put in.... because I put them in. I may well still be first, or not. And as I only reported them on monday... I guess it might be in next weeks, or even longer is a validator isn't in the area?

Groovy!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone wrote:
DennisN wrote:
Please also be extra certain if you are going to submit any - just because they are yellow and/or the newer digital ones rather than the older Gatso type doesn't mean they are speed cameras as well as redlight ones. One local to me was submitted as changed to RedSpeed, but there are no road markings going across the junction. Main point, however, is that one day I happened to be held up by the lights and was right alongside the camera, where a nice man was up a ladder poking around its insides, so I ran my window down and asked him if it was speed and light, or just one. He confirmed it was only a yellow painted redlight.

I see your point, but I'd rather a few red light cams were listed as speed cams incorrectly if thats the case as well, just to be on the safe side.

I'm not one to pontificate BUT you really should be approaching traffic lights at a speed consistent with stopping if they change - they're not hidden or unobtrusive and the amber timing is well adequate to allow you comfortable stopping time - amber means STOP, remember (unless unsafe to do so - maybe a few hundred feet of smoking rubber and a long screaming squealing noise is unsafe?). If you get it wrong, there just might be 40 tons of articulated death looking you in the bonnet!

As for your cameras, 31100/01 are ancient serial numbers - April 2007 (we're in the 60Ks now) so you definitely didn't submit them first - maybe you reactivated them, but I don't know if that would qualify for free membership. Your own unverified submissions show up as different coloured crossed squares (bit like a window frame) and only YOU can see them (well, good looking Verifiers like me can see them too). So if you ever manage first time submission, it'll show up FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, as a coloured crossed square, not a proper camera icon like 31100/01, until it's verified. See the red writing above the map on the camera submission page.

You have me completely baffled by "Monday @ 14:00 update" and "Wednesday 14:00 update". We didn't issue a Monday update and the Wednesday one was announced at 3:40pm. Question Have you been kidding yourself with TomTom cameras? It'd be just like them to suddenly discover cameras we've had for 18 months.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
vibeone wrote:
DennisN wrote:
Please also be extra certain if you are going to submit any - just because they are yellow and/or the newer digital ones rather than the older Gatso type doesn't mean they are speed cameras as well as redlight ones. One local to me was submitted as changed to RedSpeed, but there are no road markings going across the junction. Main point, however, is that one day I happened to be held up by the lights and was right alongside the camera, where a nice man was up a ladder poking around its insides, so I ran my window down and asked him if it was speed and light, or just one. He confirmed it was only a yellow painted redlight.

I see your point, but I'd rather a few red light cams were listed as speed cams incorrectly if thats the case as well, just to be on the safe side.

I'm not one to pontificate BUT you really should be approaching traffic lights at a speed consistent with stopping if they change - they're not hidden or unobtrusive and the amber timing is well adequate to allow you comfortable stopping time - amber means STOP, remember (unless unsafe to do so - maybe a few hundred feet of smoking rubber and a long screaming squealing noise is unsafe?). If you get it wrong, there just might be 40 tons of articulated death looking you in the bonnet!

As for your cameras, 31100/01 are ancient serial numbers - April 2007 (we're in the 60Ks now) so you definitely didn't submit them first - maybe you reactivated them, but I don't know if that would qualify for free membership. Your own unverified submissions show up as different coloured crossed squares (bit like a window frame) and only YOU can see them (well, good looking Verifiers like me can see them too). So if you ever manage first time submission, it'll show up FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, as a coloured crossed square, not a proper camera icon like 31100/01, until it's verified. See the red writing above the map on the camera submission page.

You have me completely baffled by "Monday @ 14:00 update" and "Wednesday 14:00 update". We didn't issue a Monday update and the Wednesday one was announced at 3:40pm. Question Have you been kidding yourself with TomTom cameras? It'd be just like them to suddenly discover cameras we've had for 18 months.

Luckily enough I'm not quite that stupid!

Laughing Out Loud - I'm not talking about camera releases or updates, I'm talking about refreshes of the google map. It lists above when it was last updated. Thats what I was refering to - "Map shows all cameras submitted and processed up to: 2009-01-07 19:42:53"

I'm at a loss to explain really. Certainly the cameras were not showing up earlier in the week, so I reported them, then they appeared at proper cameras (ie: with the 30 speed limit icon). The road must have been resurfaced then or something, as the zebra crossing and camera posts etc all look relatively new.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone: you weren't first - they've just been 'pending' for a very long time (hence the low id numbers dennis)

MaFt
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification MaFt, and glad to have achieved something then and got them added Smile

Will try harder!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone wrote:
I'm talking about refreshes of the google map. It lists above when it was last updated. That's what I was refering to - "Map shows all cameras submitted and processed up to: 2009-01-07 19:42:53"
I think in fairness to MaFt I should point out the magic word "and" in that statement. All cameras submitted but not processed up to: 2009-01-07 19:42:53 will not show on the map. The lad works fairly hard, but I'm pretty sure he's not sitting there poised to pounce instantly upon your submission within seconds of you pressing "GO". If you noticed a couple of months ago he had a week away and came back to a huge backlog which took him ages to clear. I forget how many he says is an average day's submissions (100?) and every one of them has to be looked at - chuck out the ones in the middle of fields and lakes, consider the shotgun pattern of multiple submissions for the latest new camera in a heavily travelled area to decide where to locate it provisionally on the map for Verifiers to checkout. He's a right little eager beaver when we're not watching!

vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
vibeone wrote:
I'm talking about refreshes of the google map. It lists above when it was last updated. That's what I was refering to - "Map shows all cameras submitted and processed up to: 2009-01-07 19:42:53"
I think in fairness to MaFt I should point out the magic word "and" in that statement. All cameras submitted but not processed up to: 2009-01-07 19:42:53 will not show on the map. The lad works fairly hard, but I'm pretty sure he's not sitting there poised to pounce instantly upon your submission within seconds of you pressing "GO". If you noticed a couple of months ago he had a week away and came back to a huge backlog which took him ages to clear. I forget how many he says is an average day's submissions (100?) and every one of them has to be looked at - chuck out the ones in the middle of fields and lakes, consider the shotgun pattern of multiple submissions for the latest new camera in a heavily travelled area to decide where to locate it provisionally on the map for Verifiers to checkout. He's a right little eager beaver when we're not watching!

I could be wrong, but you seem to have completely misunderstood my point, my question and pretty much everything I've posted in this thread.

I've not suggested MaFt should try harder, and only copied and pasted the quoted section to help you understand what I was on about, and point out I'm not so stupid as to confuse TomTom's camera updates with PGPSW.

I apologise if I've got this wrong, it is after all based on text on a screen, but you come across very condersending and I don't feel it was warranted.

As MaFt has understood exactly what I meant, and taken the time to look into it and respond in a helpful and polite way, I'll leave you argue with yourself.

Thanks again MaFt Smile
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, that's how it goes. You seem to have completely misunderstood me and pretty much everything I've posted here.

I do NOT do condersending. I DO try to offer information, advice and guidance and I'm sorry if you can't see that. I've gone back and read all the text and cannot see any area where I might be misunderstood in the manner you suggest.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: