Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - gps settings for dest gps when using tt3 sofware?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

gps settings for dest gps when using tt3 sofware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalftheking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: gps settings for dest gps when using tt3 sofware? Reply with quote

hmm

the subject says it all really! ;) i was fairly happy with d2 on my ipaq 3870, but when tt3 came along i thought i'd give it a go.

all installed ok etc, and i have installed the latest gps drivers from tt website. my problem is that i cannot get a satellite fix at all. i've left it on all afternoon in the drive (clear sky view), and tried the actual destinator gps option in the gps set-up, and a couple of sirf and nmea settings, but no luck.

what am i doing wrong? also, in the gps settings there is a little slider which goes from a ZZZ image to the TT logo - ive tried that slider on both settings in case it makes a difference.

any advice appreciated.

steve
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that when I first bought TTN2, and eventually found that under the GPS settings it was set up for the wrong Com port. I changed to Com1 and got a fix in a couple of minutes
Robin
gandalftheking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to say that i already had it set on com 1. the plot thickens.....
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC Destinator GPSr's needed to be set to SiRF @ 38400.
gandalftheking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks darren

unfortunately this didnt work. i left it for ages to see if it would work. any other ideas appreciated.

thanks

steve
gandalftheking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE ANSWER:

or the answer that i found anyway: upgraded to tt3 v3.01 from tt website, then select destinator gps in gps settings - instant gps fix!!

thanks for reading and responding.
olskum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Destinator and TT3 ages to get a fix. Reply with quote

Hi,

I also have the 3870 IPAQ and the Destinator GPS. Ive updated to tt3.01, GPS V3.00 402/400 and set the GPS to Destinator (serial Cable on COM1).

However, it take ages to get a fix - at least 4 minutes - and I get quite long (or lost) in 4 minutes.

The GPS is connected to the ignition of the car and powers up together with the engine. Read somewhere that a GPS can be in "cold" and/or "warm" state. Is that right?

My GPS is placed in my front window and should get a "direct hit" .

Sometimes it works when I reset "stylus-in-small-hole". But not smart when doing 130km/t on the motorway ;-)

Hoping for some ideas
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those software versions are quite old - both GPS and Navigator 3 are now up to version 3.07. If you're not a TomTom Traffic user, downloading and installing Navigator 3.07 will install both (Navigator 3.07T, the traffic version, doesn't include TomTom GPS).

That said, you may get better results with an old version of GPS - such as 2.07. I believe there's a copy floating around in the Downloads area.

I'd take everything except TomTom GPS out of the equation by running TomTom GPS directly (there should be a way of doing that from either Programs or the System tab of Settings). Does TomTom GPS get a fix quickly then? Do the dots in the first tab scroll smoothly? Does the time update every second?

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: