Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map update with voucher query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map update with voucher query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelMann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Map update with voucher query Reply with quote

I had a voucher for a map update for my TT520. I thought I'd upgrade to the new maps using it. TT Home told me my maps were 3 quarters out of date so I applied my voucher code and downloaded the map update. When I logged back in TT home told me my maps were now 2 quarters out of date? Is this right or should the voucher have upgraded me to the newest maps?
TheMincer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on the version of Navcore you were using when you updated the maps.

The later the Navcore version, the later the version of the maps you will be offered for update.

Once you have used your update voucher, that's your lot I'm afraid.

I updated my 520 to App 8.10 after I bought it (about 2 months ago), and received a free update to map 810 under the LMG.

I have since paid to further update to map version 815 following the update to App 8.3 released by TomTom.
MichaelMann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for relpy but, I don't think it's that, I updated to 8.3 before updating the map.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, something is giving you a little misinformation, but it's not clear which this is.

Is Home correct in telling you that your maps are 2 quarters out of date, in which case a call to TomTom Support might be in order to ascertain what's going on.

Or - is this bit of information just a load of rubbish, and in fact you do have the most up-to-date maps, in which case it's just the usual problem of Home not being up to the job?

Have a look at the map version number that you currently have installed. If it's version 815, then you probably have nothing to worry about. If it's a lower version than that, then you may need to do some more digging.
MichaelMann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After providing scans of voucher and proof of purchase I eventually got a free upgrade to map v8.15, let's hope it was worth it Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you made a full backup before installing the new map to the device? - if you still haven't put the new map on the unit please perform a full Windows Explorer backup to your PC prior to the update - Mike
MichaelMann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, full explorer back up made. Had a couple of download failures but it resumed and installed ok. Just the stuttering voice to resolve now Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: