Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - refresh rate
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

refresh rate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsky wrote:
Hi Through this thread I have installed ver.8.204 to my map 815.2003. I also deleted the contents of my loquendo folder and copied over the ver. 7 voices of Kate and Simon. Checked my loquendo folder and voice folder and they are both in there. The problem is, when I switch on TT the only voice options I have are Tim, Jane, Kathy and Sean. Does anybody know what I have done wrong please.
chelsky

I did pretty much the same & got no voice, despite having copied Kate & Simon across just as you did. When I checked on voice downloads within home neither voice was showing up as being installed on my 520 so I deleted them with explorer & selected/downloaded them again via home after which all worked ok
chelsky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no joy. I have tried so many combinations. If I can't fix it soon, I will have to format and reinstall 815 ver.8.3
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know whether it has a bearing on your problems Guys, but the Loquendo TTS7 file I downloaded from AndyVaughn's link only contained the "Kate" computer voice in the "Voices" folder,... not Kate and Simon... and Kate is working fine on mine.

Alan.
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'm pretty sure that's the file I'm using, just Kate's voice. All works fine (thankfully) Smile
chelsky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responce. Will remove the loquento file and replace with Andys and let you know the result.
chelsky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't work Mad So what I did was to reinstall from a back up ver.8.204. Job sorted, now have Kate as one of the options Very Happy
Question. Is it possible to have Simon as well?
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsky wrote:
That didn't work Mad So what I did was to reinstall from a back up ver.8.204. Job sorted, now have Kate as one of the options Very Happy
Question. Is it possible to have Simon as well?

I have both Kate & Simon installed & both work.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this - put the LoquendoTTS folder back on the device with the v6 voices.

Connect to HOME and then remove all Computer voices.

Now download just the Kate TTS7 voice and use WINRAR to extract this straight on to the device - it will put all of the files in the LoquendoTTS folder, you just need to ensure that you extract to the drive letter that your TT is.

Also, did you delete the LoquendoTTS folder after installing 8.3?

If so you will have deleted 2 files that the Navcore install puts in the LoquendoTTS folder - try reinstalling 8.3 again and it will put them back.

I would try the second option first!

Andy
chelsky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy. Thanks for the sugestions. To be honest, I don't know what I have done!!! I have deleted loquendo, reinstalled it, added to it. Finally, I reinstalled ver.8.204 with my map815.2003. I now have the loquendo that comes with that version 8.204 with kate.
Is there not an easy way to install simon? now that everything is back to "normal" If not, I will stick with Kate. I just don't fancy removing, reinstalling etc. again.
David
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will have been the reinstall of 8.204 that fixed it as the missing files from the bin and lib subfolders willl have been reinstated.

I am sure someone pasted a link to Simon on the TT servers in one of the other threads - problem is there are so many posts to wade through it is difficult to make sense of it all.

Andy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
I am sure someone pasted a link to Simon on the TT servers in one of the other threads - problem is there are so many posts to wade through it is difficult to make sense of it all.

Have a look at the post made by "Infama" in This Thread Wink you should find the link to what you want - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
AndyVaughan wrote:

Have a look at the post made by "Infama" in This Thread Wink you should find the link to what you want - Mike

Or just click HERE
chelsky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thank you all so much Laughing Now have both on my TT
David
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After arriving home last night I decided to double check that all the installed voices were working so I went into voices & selected / tested each one & all was ok. I then planned a route, used demo & found that all voices had gone, nada, zip, nothing – no spoken instructions at all. Back into change voices & I now got no sound at all when I selected ‘Test’.

Step 1. I delete & reinstall Kate & Simon through home – still nothing.

Step 2. Install backup copy of Loquendo but this didn’t help either, still no voices.

Step 3. Delete everything & copy complete working backup to 520 & all voices return..

This suggests to me that the voice failure isn’t so much associated with the Loquendo as a configuration setting somewhere that was changed when I messed with voice selection & stopped it all working.

One other thing I have with x40 is that I need to keep resetting the 520. About every third switch on it fails & keeps switching off again almost immediately. After the reset it shows the TomTom Home disconnect screen with moving blue line at the bottom after which the 520 works ok again until the next time it happens
chelsky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my wife to work this morning. short run, only 3 miles each way and no problems with Simon Laughing
David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: