Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Try these (seeing as admins have not removed previous links to these files) - delete everything in your LoquendoTTS folder and replace with the contents of this rar.

This is the full file structure for Kate only on TTS7.

Seems to be working on mine, but not done a full test yet.

As usual, all at your own risk and make sure you have a Windows Explorer backup before you start.

Kate TTS7 Full Loquendo Folder

Andy

Delete your LoquendoTTS folder and download the files here and use winrar to extract them. Copy the LoquendoTTS folder in this RAR to your device. I would select a non-computer voice before starting.

These are a copy of what is on my 920 and they work (better) than the TTS6 but not a complete cure.

Andy
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
AndyVaughan wrote:
Try these (seeing as admins have not removed previous links to these files) - delete everything in your LoquendoTTS folder and replace with the contents of this rar.

As usual, all at your own risk and make sure you have a Windows Explorer backup before you start.

Andy

Delete your LoquendoTTS folder and download the files here and use winrar to extract them. Copy the LoquendoTTS folder in this RAR to your device. I would select a non-computer voice before starting.

These are a copy of what is on my 920 and they work (better) than the TTS6 but not a complete cure.

Andy

Andy,
Many thanks...
When I first downloaded your rar file I thought more files folders must have been needed but I see now that is not the case.

I also now have the other three TTS voices on my TT520 also Smile

Just copy the contents of the V7 voice files (downloaded direct from tt website links in this thread) into the LoquendoTTS folder saying yes to copy directories but no to replace files.

All the files it does want to replace have the same size so are very likely the same...

My one is running a demo now with US Dave TTS...

HummerUK
Aldridge_Andy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quickie.

Used my Go720 this morning, with the latest Navcore, but the previous map release ( I haven't subscribed to the Map Update Service yet ), and not an issue. I'll see how things go on my journey home tonight though.

I have a Go720, with 15Mb free memory.
ATM and Fuel Station POI's showing.
TomTom Safety Cameras.
Bluetooth connection to my SE mobile.

I was braced for the worst this morning too! Smile

TomTom Go 720.
zumanon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
AndyVaughan wrote:

Andy

Andy

Thank you Andy for the full Kate. I installed it but I found out that even the "new" Kate can not pronounce the Turkish street names in the 815 map. So I switched back to Susan and to the 725 map. I believe the problem is with the map itself. Probably it lacks a cue which would prompt Susan(or Kate) to start pronouncing foreign names. I will wait for a while and than claim back the money I paid for the 815 map and the update service. As somebody mentioned here it does not seem to be fit for the purpose.

2GB Turkey and Europe v725.1908

Turkey v815.2218
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDS-TMC works OK on mine Uffe 73...

Everything I used with the earlier Navcores, also work with this one Andy... however, I don't use/connect to Tom Tom services, so can't comment on those facilities... my phone stays connected with this one, whereas it kept connecting/disconnecting all of the time with Nav 8.3.

I know that I could use the Nav 8.01 quite happily, as I am still on the ver 720 maps, but I quite like the new display, particularly moving the next road from the bottom of the screen to the top right... and I like the "pointy" POI icons also, you can see their placement more accurately... don't know if it is because of this navcore, or just a particularly good GPSFix at the moment, but since installing this navcore, I get a satellite fix immediately now... even indoors. ... I am quite happy to leave this update on my device ,until Tom Tom get their act together and release an "official" update for the X20 devices that actually works.

Alan.
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear up a point, i was having stuttering with v740 NA maps after the App8.3 update.
The v7 TTS Kate has not had one failure since installing.

Yesterday i went to v815 NA maps still with v7 Kate and it still seems ok on the drive to work.

Will keep an eye on her.
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfreeze wrote:
Just to clear up a point, i was having stuttering with v740 NA maps after the App8.3 update.
The v7 TTS Kate has not had one failure since installing.

Yesterday i went to v815 NA maps still with v7 Kate and it still seems ok on the drive to work.

Will keep an eye on her.

Excellent - so the general consensus so far is that it doesn't seem to matter which maps or if IQ routing is turned on or off you will get stuttering with TTS6 voices, but with TTS7 voices the stuttering goes away.

If TT are monitoring this thread perhaps they can look in to this .....

I am running the latest Navcore fron an x40 with TTS7 and that seems fine as well with the 8.15 maps - one noticiable thing is that the route planning seems quicker and I haven't noticed the screen refresh problem yet.

Andy
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still get stuttering with 730 on 720 voice files ,even though it is every rare now ,I think twice since the link was provided
rebluc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys new to the forum. This sound problem aint limited to the x20's when updating to 8.3. I have a 530 that suffered the same on update but I don't think it has anything to do with RAM. My sound issue only occurred with volume set at 100% over internal speaker. To rectify I lowered sound to 85% and all was back to normal. I've rolled my unit back to 8.010 and the issue isn't evident at 100% volume.
danart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:

Excellent - so the general consensus so far is that it doesn't seem to matter which maps or if IQ routing is turned on or off you will get stuttering with TTS6 voices, but with TTS7 voices the stuttering goes away.

Andy

No.I installed Susan v7.0 on my go 720....and it still stutters.I have 8.10 NA maps.The problem is navcore 8.300.
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danart wrote:
AndyVaughan wrote:

Andy

No.I installed Susan v7.0 on my go 720....and it still stutters.I have 8.10 NA maps.The problem is navcore 8.300.

Yes we know its the 8.3 update, but v7 voices seem to have cured it for most.
Are you sure you installed v7 voices, as earlier in the posts a link was mistakenly supplied as v7 when infact it contained v6.9?

The one from Andy vaughan (on page 7 i think)
http://rapidshare.com/files/164291037/LoquendoTTS.rar
is the one i used and she has not failed me since.
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
danart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...i am sure TTHome keeps telling me that i have the wrong version of Susan....in my opinion i have the wrong version of GPS.....
On the other hand i received an answer from customer support:

Response (Nick F. (UK)) 11/22/2008 09:08 AM
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support
Your reference for your query is xxxxxx.

I am sorry to hear that you disappointed with your tomtom device. I would recommend that you revert back to the previous version of software, until another version of the 8.3 is available.
Let me know if you would like to still do this.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

I am fed up to be an UNPAID betatester for Tomtom guys.....
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would recommend that you revert back to the previous version of software, until another version of the 8.3 is available

Should read... "until our unpaid support group at PGPSW have sorted the problem, then a working version of 8.3... should be available, unless we decide in our infinite wisdom to make some tweaks to their findings"... Very Happy

Have you tried the TTS7 Kate voice danart ?... that one seems to be working for most folks.... TT Home will insist you have the "wrong" files... cos' technically they are... we are now playing "mix and match" to try to compensate for Tom Toms follies.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
danart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AlandEi"]
Quote:

Have you tried the TTS7 Kate voice danart ?

No because i'm in love with Susan... Embarassed Embarassed

But she is talking trash to me....and i cant understand her..... Razz Razz
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 15 of 49

Jump to: