Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 8.15 map out today
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

8.15 map out today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krelian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my 720 about 2 weeks ago and got LMG with no hassle (810).
Supposedly I'm still entitled to LMG and I CAN see the option under "tool", however there's no way I can get it to work, it keeps saying "I have the latest maps" even if they're available to buy at the shop page

I did many full resets to the unit, deleted everything in the 'download' folder, uninstalled Home and deleted all the Registry entry, but nothing....it keeps saying I have the latest maps.

I'm not sure what I can accomplish if I call TomTom. Sad
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only use LMG ONCE Krelian... even if the tab is still available, it will not give you a second map update free. even if you are still within the 30 day period.

Alan.
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get map 815 out of Tomtom as I had only just downloaded 810 with LMG two days before 815 came out. This was their reply: Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support
Your reference for your query is 081111-008072.

At TomTom we release map updates as regular as possible. On average, new maps are released at least 4 times per year. In the future, we aim to release map updates more regularly than this also.

We appreciate that you have recently downloaded a map from our website and we have now release a new map version. We regret to inform you that we cannot offer you a free map update to the latest maps.

The Latest Map Guarantee is for one update of the map to ensure that you have the latest map at the point of purchase.

The map version you have is one of the most up to date maps available and of the highest quality. Our latest maps will not have any significant changes from the previous map version.

With all version 7 and 8 maps, of which you have, it includes MapShare Technology where you can make and receive free corrections to your existing map. This will help to keep your device up to date. For more details about MapShare, please view the following link:-

WOW! . Our latest maps will not have any significant changes from the previous map version!. Wow (So why is everyone paying good money for the same old map) Boy-O-BOY Tomtom support is hard work. Regards Disenchanted.
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.
I have a Go 720 and I am ruining Navcore v8.300 and Map v8.010.
I am a paid up customer of the map update service.

At the moment there is a new map available v8.15, but if I use Home it only offers me v660.

I have received the Newsletter from Tomtom telling me that there is a new map waiting to download but if I follow the download link on the letter it finds the new map but only if I pay for it.

I have tried the dodge of emptying the Home/Downloads folder and deleting the map folder on my device but to no avail.

I have just emailed Tomtom but better advice is usually found on this forum.
Anyone any ideas please.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
paulonthenet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated to App V8.30 only to find on rebooting the 720 that the screen is acting like it is being pressed on the bottom left hand side. Fortunately I made a windows back up first and have gone back to this with no sign of the problem.

The quality of tomtoms updates is shocking.
krelian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlandEi wrote:
You can only use LMG ONCE Krelian... even if the tab is still available, it will not give you a second map update free. even if you are still within the 30 day period.

Alan.

thanks Smile

not a big deal
no way I'm going to give 45 quid to those....jokers
I can live with v810 maps, on top of that I'm not sure what the difference is between "IQ routes 24/7" and the "other" IQ routes version but I bet it's not that big of a difference
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dougproctor wrote:
Is it the combination of new map and new software that causes problems with stuttttttteeeerring voices or just one or the other?

I cannot run the new map without the new software, so can't check the map independently. Pure guesswork, I imagine the stuttering voice may be down to the application, in fact I'm pretty sure I got a suggestion of it in the very short time I had the software before the map. However, I do think TT have broken the camel's back with all the latest gizmo additions - simply too much for this hardware to carry. I bet they'll try a new software release very quickly, but whether they can backtrack away from all the gizmos is not their past track record, so I suppose they'll be dragging some more former features down to get the last stuff working after a fashion.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
Quote:
Try looking at in Reality View (to quote a topical "with it" phrase!) - that is on the device, not in virtual mode in Home!

I did try, but obviously I am gracious for the advice.

And I was gracious in providing it.

carl_the_cobbler wrote:

Quote:
I now have to go learn how to use Garmin Mobile XT on my Advantage

Well the TT forums loss will obviously be the Garmin's one gain.
Been there, done it and as Arnie Schnurzenegger would say, "I'll be back". And gue'ss what? Here I am already! Confused

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
TheMincer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed 815.2003 map for UK & RoI and noticed the disclaimer regarding non-coverage of the Isle of Man.

Shame, I thought, as I occasionally visit on business.

Had a browse there, and the IoM seems pretty well covered to me.

What is this all about?

By the way, I have no issues with time lag, speech etc. on my 520T using App 8.3

What I can't work out is how to disable/remove the TomTom speed cams which are poor. I'm sure when I originally got the 520, I removed them from the device using Home, but they don't appear as an item to delete. Is there a file I can wipe as an alternative?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krelian wrote:
AlandEi wrote:

Alan.

thanks Smile

not a big deal
no way I'm going to give 45 quid to those....jokers

Why "jokers"?
I think they summed it up very well (for once) when they told you that the Latest Map Guarantee is to ensure the map is up to date when you buy the machine. Getting an extra 30 days grace is a bonus, and it clearly says that you get one update.

Quote:
on top of that I'm not sure what the difference is between "IQ routes 24/7" and the "other" IQ routes version but I bet it's not that big of a difference

It is actually. The original IQ Routes system only differentiated between weekdays and weekends when it worked out it's routes. The "24/7" system takes time of day into account too, which can make a huge difference.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is actually. The original IQ Routes system only differentiated between weekdays and weekends when it worked out it's routes. The "24/7" system takes time of day into account too, which can make a huge difference.

Andy, that is correct provided that the 24/7 IQ Routes data is correct and fairly complete (i.e covering all the roads along your route with reliable statistical data for all 5 minute intervals throughout the day for each day of the year). My short experience of the IQ Routes v2 doesn't indicate the level of improved routing that would be the case if the data was close to that completenes. I think TomTom will need to do some more data collecting before the IQ Routes really adds any value for us users. At least that goes for the area where I live.
/ Ulf
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard345
Quote:
Calomax wrote:
I'm sure all the map share changes you reported were also in version 8.010 though.

Quote:
Some were, but the one I sent in before the one that is still missimg was not on the previous map.

Sorry, I meant the changes to the mapshare system, the slider etc, were on version 8.1, not the actual mapshare changes on the map.
alanji
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uffe73 wrote:
Quote:

Andy, that is correct provided that the 24/7 IQ Routes data is correct and fairly complete (i.e covering all the roads along your route with reliable statistical data for all 5 minute intervals throughout the day for each day of the year). My short experience of the IQ Routes v2 doesn't indicate the level of improved routing that would be the case if the data was close to that completenes. I think TomTom will need to do some more data collecting before the IQ Routes really adds any value for us users. At least that goes for the area where I live.
/ Ulf

Agreed. As I posted on another thread, part of my reason for upgrading was to get 24/7 IQ routes for Cornwall as the road speeds can vary hugely. However IQ routes reckon there is no speed difference on the A30 on a Saturday in August!!!!!
Obviously coveage cannot include every 5 minutes for minor roads but if it does not include the A30 what is is worth?

Go 750 LIVE Europe Map 870.3406
Go 720 W Europe Map 865.3245
One XL W Europe. Map 715.1689
Dell Axim & TT3
Psion 5mx & Routeplanner
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember agreeing to let TT upload my journey details so they could be used for IQ routes. If my recollection is right, then they should improve as more and more data is collected in this way.
alanji
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HummerUK wrote:
They have put back the non existing road from the A27 to the A22 at polegate...

What is also interesting is Google show this road but if you look closely you see it is really fields and would need a bridge over the eastbourne - london line.

Google Map Showing Error

I have told my TT that this road is blocked in both directions...

HummerUK

I have just downloaded latest map corrections (updated by many) and the road is still showing - I have uploaded my correction.

How many is "many"???

Go 750 LIVE Europe Map 870.3406
Go 720 W Europe Map 865.3245
One XL W Europe. Map 715.1689
Dell Axim & TT3
Psion 5mx & Routeplanner

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: