Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What GPS for TomTom car kit?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What GPS for TomTom car kit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: What GPS for TomTom car kit? Reply with quote

After posting on here about using my PDA/GPS in a second car I saw an older version of the tomtom car kit in PC World and bought it for my Zafira. Ordered a Brodit Proclip, still waiting for that though.............

Ive decided its gonna be more trouble than its worth swapping over the wired reciever car to car so what GPS receivers are compatible with the TomTom car kit? TotalPDA suggest the Carcomm receiver with an adaptor cable but there website suggests the cable is there to convert the TomTom GPS to the carcomm carkit not the other way round.

Suggestions on a postcard please.........

PS. Have had the HP2210/tt3 now for 2 weeks and covered 2500 mile with no serious problems. Few newer roundabouts missing, obvious that some road priorities have changed but no serious mapping issues yet. Been to Ilse of Skye and Mull this last week with no problems (including 4 ferries all OK). System does lock occosionally but seems to be when I press a button when its giving me voice commands etc that seems to be the only time. Only other issue is that sometimes it takes a strange route even though I do know a better one but I guess thats down to my speed settings making it choose one road type over another slower road even though i know I would be doing 20mph over the default in TomTom on that road.
garygfx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a compact flash GPS card making it very easy to take my system from one car to another or even walk around with it on foot. I've got a Haicom 303 with a folding receiver part which can be positioned to get a good satellite view in the car and then just fold it down when you don't need it (or pull the CF card out!). It's nice a compact. No complaints.

Gary.
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a site that sells the TomTom GPS seperatley for just under £60 so I have ordered that now.

Any suggestions as to how to mount the TomTom car kit onto a Brodit proclip (center mount over the vent) so that it is angled towards the driver?

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: