Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - sticking bluetooth or speaker
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

sticking bluetooth or speaker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hi8prt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: sticking bluetooth or speaker Reply with quote

hi, iam having a problem with my ttgo 720. when using my phone (sony erricson 810i) my tomtom freezes , that is the internal speakerand no matter what you do it continues until after about 60 or so second it turns its self off then on again and rests its self ie no route planned plus all other settings return to factory settings. any ideas cheers Phil
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well known bug on x20s and x30s - the only cure is not use the TT as a handsfree unit.

There is a possibility that it corrupts some files when it hangs as well - gnsdata and mapsettings.cfg are the usual suspects.

Some have managed to get it to go away (for a while) by using the clearflash tool and doing a hard reset.

Andy
hi8prt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi AndyVaughan , thanks for your reply was not aware of the problem unfortunatley this was a major factor in purchasing the 720. iam concerned about you saying about possible corruption(A) will this affect my sat nav (B) in what way (C)can i check to see if it is (D)can it be repaired/cleaned and if so how. cheers Phil.
mattstachurski
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can start here!
http://www.tomtom.com/support/solution.php?GID=1&PID=1682&SID=0&CID=95&Language=1&FID=6195
download and run the clearflash programme, dont forget to backup your tomtom via windows explorer before you do anything.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using Traffic?

Have you got a gnsdata file? If so, try deleting it. This does NO HARM at all as the TT will create a new one at boot up.

If you can't delete the gnsdata file completely, that's confirmation it is corrupted.

This thread is one of several (it's just a bit shorter than most) in which you can find the way to get rid of corrupt gnsdata file.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
hi8prt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi DennisN, no iam not using traffic. just finished work will check TT out tomrrow as iam b-----d right now will keep you informed cheers Phil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: