Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT1 v3 Update Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT1 v3 Update Problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eduo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
I reckon it is to do with the age of the computer you are running home on, or maybe the type of memory installed, the first question I would ask is the Operating System version then is it from PC World or another similar shop.

Yeah, well. None of this applies, really. This is a bug in TomTom HOME that somehow pops up in the new version when run on a mac with the TomTom TOYOTA.

I don't expect it's been reported a lot yet, considering the device is not really that well supported.
mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
I reckon it is to do with the age of the computer you are running home on, or maybe the type of memory installed, the first question I would ask is the Operating System version then is it from PC World or another similar shop.

I don't thnk it is anything to do with this at all, my laptop is only 10 months old built by HP. I think the problem is solely down to TT Home, hence the need to do a back up before you use Home in case things go wrong which they sometimes do.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's HOME, an appallingly buggy pile of rubbish that I will only use if I have a full backup of the device beforehand.

As a Mac user I've also had to resort to running HOME in a Windows VM Session as the Mac version is even worse than the PC one and has killed one device stone dead and stopped TTS working on another!

Every time I use HOME now I'm just waiting to see what has been broken this time!
eduo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
It's HOME, an appallingly buggy pile of rubbish that I will only use if I have a full backup of the device beforehand.

As a Mac user I've also had to resort to running HOME in a Windows VM Session as the Mac version is even worse than the PC one and has killed one device stone dead and stopped TTS working on another!

Every time I use HOME now I'm just waiting to see what has been broken this time!

In this specific case it's actually even worse than this. I get the very exact same error in the Windows version (I have tried in the Dell Laptop at the office). I'm suspecting it's related to the device itself and that HOME somehow doesn't really recognize it, or something.

Since it's a TomTom TOYOTA there may not be enough users to see a trend emerging and the problem may not appear with other models. It's definitively tied to the new HOME and the device, the operating system and computer have nothing to do.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: