Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME 2.4 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME 2.4 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: TomTom HOME 2.4 released Reply with quote

Tomtom seem to have got the message. Info about the annual update scheme is now on their website:

http://www.tomtom.com/page/mapupdateservice
imp750
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Updated to 2.4 couple of days ago and then read on here today that they updated again to 2.41???, just tried to d/l it and the d/l setup has been put back to 2.3, so looks like tomtom have removed 2.4
Tobas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what we've paid for with the "quarterly" charge? On their web site they say "gives you every single release of your map over a 12-month period" and "That’s four new maps a year!". If they bring out a 5th before my 12 months are up, would I get it? One can only assume they have a fixed release schedule of one per quarter.
keithmillar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great deal i've just had with the TT Map Service Update. - I bought a TT530 T on Sunday, was then able to update the map version to 810 and now i've just paid £27.80 for the next 12 months to have the maps updated - £6.95 per quater, not bad at all Very Happy

Cheers

Keith
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Don't bother Andy, I was joking and forgot to add a jokeycon. I've got the number in a folder by my left elbow if I'm really bothered.

If you have a Virgin landline, you just need to dial 151 from you phone for faults or 150 for customer services - just like the old BT/British Telecom/GPO numbers.

The fun really starts when your landline dies and you have to find the 'proper' number
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop! Off Topic Police

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me for trying to be helpful but you clearly haven't read earlier posts in this thread.
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my mistake, I thought that we were discussing the latest offeing from TomTom, I'll be more careful in future. Wink

TT iPhone app

TT iOS Go Mobile
alanlakes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Home 2.4 Reply with quote

I have had problems with Home 2.4 i.e unable to download mapcolour sor voices without Home closing (i am running Vista). advised by tomtom to uninstall and download Home agian. When I download it is Home 2.3. But at least it does not Close down!!
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomtom Home 2.4 Reply with quote

alanlakes wrote:
advised by tomtom to uninstall and download Home agian. When I download it is Home 2.3. But at least it does not Close down!!

So it's not just me!! I thought I was seeing things when I downloaded the 'latest' version again, only to find that it was 2.3 and not 2.4 which had previously been downloaded
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobas wrote:
Does anyone know what we've paid for with the "quarterly" charge? On their web site they say "gives you every single release of your map over a 12-month period" and "That’s four new maps a year!". If they bring out a 5th before my 12 months are up, would I get it? One can only assume they have a fixed release schedule of one per quarter.

I imagine that TomTom hope you'll continue with the quarterly upgrade agreement so timing of a 5th wouldn't really matter, but in all honesty I'd be more concerned about them keeping to 4 upgrades a year nevermind exceeding it with a 5th Shocked
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 upgrades a year.
Whats that maps or pulled home releases. Laughing
hijacker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these quarterly maps updates include revised IQ Routes data as well ??
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom59 wrote:
Sorry, my mistake, I thought that we were discussing the latest offeing from TomTom, I'll be more careful in future. Wink
If you pay attention in future (or simply look back in history on the forum) to threads of this genre - announcements of new releases by TomTom - you will quickly see that the general nature of discussion wanders quite freely without attracting Off Topic flag waving potshots.

It's a problem with TomTom releases and the large number of users. Everybody is wondering (so they post accordingly) whether the latest release of Home, or Navcore, or the maps, will stand the test of time. We have seen so many new releases which either fall over before too many people can reap any benefits from them, or they are withdrawn by TomTom, or a later version is released within a very short timescale. Witness Home v2? Navcore 8? Maps v8? just to mention the more recent offerings. Many exasperated users join in with questions as to whether the latest version has cured all the bugs in the existing versions. Then there is the perennial call from the PDA group who have been awaiting updates of TT Navigator for a very long time.

Go back to the first page a mere week ago where the announcement of Home 2.4 included a lot of detail about various features and improvements, an open invitation to anybody with a grouse about existing features. The thread is now up to 18 pages and without some humour and "Off Topic" banter, it really would be a grind for most readers.

Personally (and as a biased regular offender!) I wouldn't like to see our topics strictly regulated to dry-as-dust technicalities and absolute toe-the-line on topic. I think that distinguishes this forum from all the high brow forums where the eggheads sit on high and pour scorn on mere mortals. Let me hasten to add that this is my own personal view, NOT that of anybody else and specifically NOT that of PGPSW, who may give me a smart smack for it!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
The thread is now up to 18 pages and without some humour and "Off Topic" banter, it really would be a grind for most readers.

I have also been known to be guilty of having a sense of humour and I totally agree with you that these forum should not be clinical, scientific boring places. At the end of the day, we are all reading this because we enjoy it. If it becomes Draconian, then people will stay away.

You'll notice from my post and my reply to GPS_fan, there was not one word of complaint, only some joking icons, to inject some humour.....obviously why I never became a comedian!

My apologies to anyone who got the wrong end of the stick. Not Worthy

TT iPhone app

TT iOS Go Mobile

Last edited by Tom59 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 17 of 25

Jump to: