Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN on Samsung i900 Omnia?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN on Samsung i900 Omnia?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: TTN on Samsung i900 Omnia? Reply with quote

I've just got a couple of Samsung i900 Omnia phones which run on Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro. Anyone able to tell me whether or not TTN will run on them (and also see the built in GPS receiver)?

I've tried loading up TTN 5 that I've been running on my Ipaq hx4700 but the installation drops out at a very early stage without any error messages.

TIA
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you trying to install it the CAB file method generally provides the best approach when trying to load to an unknown device. Although I am not too sure it will work on that phone - Mike
digital
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got it running after a CAB install (thanks) but adding a voice by transferring engf.cab and then clicking on it stops it running at the Welcome screen (although) I did, at one stage, hear Jane's dulcet tones!).
aquaboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gi,

Did you ever get TTN to receive an actual signal on your Omnia? When I choose other GPS receiver and select COM3, it looks like TTN actually finds the GPS, but keep on reporting that it receives a weak signal. Even though Google Maps works perfectly using COM3.. Any thoughts?

Kind regards,

AB
digital
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaboy wrote:
Did you ever get TTN to receive an actual signal on your Omnia? When I choose other GPS receiver and select COM3, it looks like TTN actually finds the GPS, but keep on reporting that it receives a weak signal.

It's picked up a signal and planned a route based on that. Signal strength/number of satellites seems to vary quite a lot from one weak satellite up to seven with quite reasonable strengths. I just wish I could find a way to load up a voice and not have TTN then fail to run.

aquaboy wrote:
Even though Google Maps works perfectly using COM3

Care to explain a little more about how to use this? The phone's manual is hopeless!
AlexB1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital wrote:
I've got it running after a CAB install (thanks) but adding a voice by transferring engf.cab and then clicking on it stops it running at the Welcome screen (although) I did, at one stage, hear Jane's dulcet tones!).

Which version did you install - 6.01 or 6.03? I have tried installing via Tom-tom Home without success.

Can you run through the process?
LT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got the Omnia too. Great phone overall, but the GPS Signal appears weak. Are we saying that we need to choose com 3 rather than let windows choose automatically?
digital
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COM 3is the only one I get any response from.
Graculus
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experiences not too good so far.

1. Cannot get it to use the built-in GPS. It seems to think it's connected via the COM port, but get zero signal for any satellite. Other applications (e.g. MemoryMap) work fine. Therefore I have to continue to use the bluetooth GPS.

2. It will only work in landscape mode with the action/phone buttons on the right. Anything else results in it throwing errors all the time.

3. There's a screen size mismatch. This results in the TomTom screen appearing on the left of the physical screen at, presumably 320x240 pixels, so the remaining 80 pixels on the right are a duplicate of the leftmost 80 pixels. Somewhat annoying.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been reading up on this PPC recently and it appears there are a few hoops to jump through. Some are saying a GPS port splitter is necessary, and most seem to be running TomTom v7. There are several YouTube GPS setup tutorials you may want to check out.

Port Splitter freeware is also reported to work as an alternative to GPSGate.

I was hoping TomTom GPS would be the usual straight forward setup Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: