Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME 2.4 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME 2.4 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom59 wrote:
I need to warn you all..
This download could take the rest of your life!
There seem to be a plethora of sorrowful procedures at work here. Evil or Very Mad My own case was several days trying to get past the server error to the page where I pay, upon which I hit the TomTom security requirement which took me more than half an hour to overcome (resetting my password a couple of times), not the 15 seconds it promised.

Then my download (GO920 Western & Central Europe v810) took just over an hour (up to 20Mb Broadband) and installed whilst my back was turned.

Neither my order nor my invoice say what quantity or timescale is covered by the Map Update Service.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
NO_MAD
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My download only 7hrs 20min.for my 720
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been reported that if trying to download maps using a wireless connection, time takes longer, files tend to get corrupt and errors creep in.

So, just a thought ....... when dl a map, try using a directly connected modem or router.

Just a thought .......
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
It has been reported that if trying to download maps using a wireless connection, time takes longer, files tend to get corrupt and errors creep in.
I've never had a problem downloading using wireless.

The 54Mbs of wireless is quicker than the 6Mbs of the Internet anyway. Confused

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
it is annoying when you get to 99% and it crashes but overnight, unattendended and you might find a new map ready before you start breakfast - Mike

Good morning world - I was still faffing about with at 11:00 last night, so I left it to it's own devices and - bingo, I got a new map this morning.

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
ctv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good Saturday morning to you all!
Good news, like others have seen, my error 203 has disappeared and I am in the process of downloading the maps this morning.
Of course it wasn't easy - firstly Mastercard Securecode made me enrol Mad and then my Windows XP updates automatically restarted my computer 3/4 of the way through the download.
Anyway, nearly there and looking forward to using the new map.

Andy
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a 920T 2 days ago from Amazon.

Yet, the Map: version v710.1576 is reportedly three quarters old and the 'latest map guarantee' says that my map is the latest - no update available?

As Home 2.4 quotes £38.85 for the initial map update - can anyone advise on the easiest way of claiming my free map guarantee update? I'm happy with the quarterly fees thereafter.

Thanks chaps.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Monday morning give TT Support a ring on 0845 161 0009 and explain the problem, you should get the latest map free as long as you purchased the device in the last 4 weeks - they will probably want proof of this sending to them so get your receipt scanned in ready to send, unless you have it in electronic format already - Mike
turbo10
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrotter wrote:
Purchased a 920T 2 days ago from Amazon.

Yet, the Map: version v710.1576 is reportedly three quarters old and the 'latest map guarantee' says that my map is the latest - no update available?

As Home 2.4 quotes £38.85 for the initial map update - can anyone advise on the easiest way of claiming my free map guarantee update? I'm happy with the quarterly fees thereafter.

Thanks chaps.

Hi
You need first off all to update free of charge your V7.10 to V8.01, once you have done that it will offer you V8.10 and the 12 month updates. I had this 2 days ago when I had a problem updating and I copied the wrong maps onto my TT
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do as you advise Mike, thanks.

I would try updating v7 to 8.01 as suggested by turbo - but via Home 2.4 - there is no link to this free later map upgrade that you mention. Is this update available from somewhere else? Do others advise doing this first-if possible somehow?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a little confusion here between map version numbers and software version numbers.

1/ Make sure your device is running the Application version 8,010 you can check this by tapping the sat strength meter lower right corner of the screen - if this isn't 8,010 connect the unit to Home and let it update your application to 8,010 (this is free).

2/ Once you have application 8,010 installed connect it to TomTom Home and it should then let you have the v810 map for free as part of the latest map guarantee certificate that came with the device - Mike
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

The App version is 8.010 but the Map v710.1576.

The latest map guarantee under tools only allows an automated check, no inputs possible - and so the code that came with the TomTom is impossible to enter - it REPORTS that my map is the latest, even though it isn't so, .... I will ring them monday unless there is another suggestion.

Thanks all.
turbo10
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I think there is a little confusion here between map version numbers and software version numbers.

1/ Make sure your device is running the Application version 8,010 you can check this by tapping the sat strength meter lower right corner of the screen - if this isn't 8,010 connect the unit to Home and let it update your application to 8,010 (this is free).

2/ Once you have application 8,010 installed connect it to TomTom Home and it should then let you have the v810 map for free as part of the latest map guarantee certificate that came with the device - Mike

But.... Thetrotter has to get the free map update from map v710.1576 to map v8.01 first, before home will allow him to download/update with the latest map guarantee to map V8.10. IF Home sees map V710.1576 it will offer map v8.10 but at an increased price because it thinks its 3/4 old, were as if Home sees map V 8.01 it will then offer it at the correct charge, possibly free
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
scointer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody got the mapshare updates for the 8.10 uk map. When I log in I get 0 mapshare updates available even though I went through the procedure mentioned earlier and reset to factory settings and deleted all map share details. Still when I log in it tells me there is 0 map share updates. I have the settings on medium. Does anybody else have any further help. Thanks.
karlak
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scointer wrote:
Has anybody got the mapshare updates for the 8.10 uk map. When I log in I get 0 mapshare updates available even though I went through the procedure mentioned earlier and reset to factory settings and deleted all map share details. Still when I log in it tells me there is 0 map share updates. I have the settings on medium. Does anybody else have any further help. Thanks.

Yep, same here.... Upgraded yesterday.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 11 of 25

Jump to: