Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Co-Pilot V7 TMC RDS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Co-Pilot V7 TMC RDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Co-Pilot may have pulled the plug on TMC Plugin :-( Sadly on the web site it only refers to the GPRS variant not the TMC Plugin. I have e-mailed the ALK Support Team.

Unless anybody in the forum can tell me different.

Yogi-Bear

IPAQ 314 + TMC Addon (R.I.P) :-(
Chris-K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Ultimate SatNav for Windows Mobile with TMC support? Reply with quote

Yogi-Bear
Have you found the ultimate solution yet?
My current thoughts are with Route66 but they don't give clear information about their products. I have this query out on the
Pocket GPS World Forum Index-Route 66-Navigate 7 for PPC-worth it?
forum thread

All

I have been in contact with Route66 by email but they do not give clear precise answers. Perhaps you guys can help.

I have a Royaltek RTG-2000 which I bought some time ago because of TMC. Since then, I haven't found a suitable product to use.

I DO NOT want to pay GPRS charges, but I do want up to date traffic information. I believe TrafficSam would give me this (but there only seems to be one supplier in the UK - not competitive pricing), and I have been trying to find out if Route 66 would be any good.

They confuse the issue by having two versions, Mobile 8 and 7. I 'think' Mobile 7 supports "Professional Traffic Information", ie pay once and get TrafficMaster updates. Being Mobile 7 I assume it is not as up to date as Mobile 8?
The email below states that both versions support traffic, but it does not state if version 8 supports my TMC receiver and if I can get 'premium' information.
Also, I want full postcode search, which again the email says Route66 has but does not specify if it is on both versions.

Can anybody tell me the differences between the two versions.
I have also included an earlier email in which the map dates were given, not very impressive, but perhaps that has changed ...who knows?

Regards
Chris
Sent: 15 July 2008 19:59
To: Kemp Chris
Subject: RE: support for gbr

Dear Sir,

Please note that the Professional traffic information for Britain (iTMC) is available on our website www.66.com, in the Products section-Accessories-Chicago PND [Accessories]

External GNS TMC receivers like FM9, ROYALTEK combined GNS GPS+TMC receivers like RTG-1001 and RTG-2000 are compatible to the Navigate 7 PPC software.

I kindly inform you that the Traffic information option is available with the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 S60 V3, as well as with the ROUTE 66 Mobile 8 WMS softwares.

Please note that the full postcode search is available for the UK and the Netherlands only.
When entering a postcode, please use the 'space' character (e.g. ABC 123 or 1234 ABC).

Sent: 08 November 2007 07:40
To: Kemp Chris
Subject: RE: support for gbr

Dear Mr. Kemp,

The geographic database used in "ROUTE 66 Navigate 7" is provided by Navigation Technologies (www.navtech.com) and contains geographic data from Q4-2005 or Q1-2006 (depending on the sales version). Please note that for the moment there is no information available about releasing a new version of the software.

-Block removed as not relevant

Please note that the compatible TMC receivers for TMC over RDS are: external GNS TMC receivers like FM9, ROYALTEK combined GNS GPS+TMC receivers like RTG-1001.

Note that in order to receive Professional Traffic information you need to purchase a TMC product key.

Please note that you can order the software package you want, either for all Europe, UK and Ireland only or France only.
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

Sorry i thought i had replied to you...but clearly i never did.

Route 66 old version works like a dream with rds/tmc Royaltek unit, sadly the maps are a little out of date.

The new version of Route 66 for the PDA does not have RDS/TMC support only via GPRS.

However, I have been playing around with a beta copy of McGuider and that supports the RoyalTek GPS/TMC unit and is dead cheap. Expansys sell it for about £40 incl of the SD Card. If you like the format of tomtom you will like McGuider.

Yogi-Bear

IPAQ 314 + TMC Addon (R.I.P) :-(

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: