Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What's the largest SD card....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the largest SD card....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to keep all of that music on a TT.

Just have an MP3 player, I've always personally found that FM airwaves are far too crowded anyway, that's why I wouldn't use it unless I really had to in the first place.

I do have an Ipod connection built into the car so it renders the music capability of an TT redundant in the first place and if I'm in another vehicle I use the belt clip to fasten the Ipod to the seatbelt & wear my headphones with the volume level set to medium low.
cupra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really not convincing you am I?

Here's an example, next week I fly to the US for a week and will be doing a lot of driving whilst out there.

You're suggesting that I take, a Tomtom, an ipod, an FM transmitter and the various cables to keep the things charged (and there will doubtlessly only be one 12V socket in the car). When all I am going to take is a Tomtom and one cable, surely you can see the logic? Especially as I will be taking hand luggage only and space is a real premium.

I'm not saying its a replacement for a proper mp3 player but better than nothing if you don't have one or don't want to carry one.

And BTW you should NEVER wear headphones whilst driving, that is dangerous and foolish (as well as forbidden in the highway code i believe). I used to work in an A&E department and the number of bikers that got strangled by their headphone cable after a crash they would have probably survived is not funny.
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cupra wrote:
And BTW you should NEVER wear headphones whilst driving, that is dangerous and foolish (as well as forbidden in the highway code i believe). I used to work in an A&E department and the number of bikers that got strangled by their headphone cable after a crash they would have probably survived is not funny.

And the difference between driving along, listening to loud music over the car speakers & driving along doing the same thing except on headphones is? Confused

BTW why am I going to get strangled on my m/c when I only use a TT in a car? Confused
cupra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up

Back to topic please
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the price of SD cards get a couple of 4GB cards and put the map folder on both cards with your music spread across the remaining space on both cards, this should only cost around £20. This should offer you around 4,6GB of space for music split between the two cards, when you have heard everything on one card simply pop the other one in and carry on with the trip.
I certainly appreciate what you are saying though about a single device, it is so much easier, I often use hire cars and carry my device preloaded with maps and music - it is easy to use and avoids all the spaghetti wire all over the car.

As for driving with headphones on, if the Police spot you they will stop and prosecute as this is illegal - Mike
cupra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mike that is an excellent suggestion, I might well do exactly that.

I was thinking of something along similar lines; an 8 or 16 gig card with music +maps and a 2gb card (which i already have) with just the map. That way, if I wanted to add a POI or something, I could pop the smaller card in, make the change and sync the map folder between the cards at a later date.

But I think i actually like your idea better, less faffing around..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: