Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 8110 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 8110 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full 7 digit postcode entry is possible Wink
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a different note on the german forums there is talk that the Q3 2008 maps are now out for the 2110Max and the 8110 will follow soon Wink

Just this morning got an e-mail as a 'Navigon Freshmaps' customer to say the Q3 2008 maps are now available. Can't verify as I'm at work right now. Shocked
dancop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the same e-mail, but unfortunatelly, no downloadable content for 8110 yet. There are new maps for 2100|2110 max / 2150 max, 5100|5110 / 7100|7110 and 2100|2110 - cost is EUR 99.

Moreover, there is a Safety Cameras module available for the above (and more) devices for GBP 25.

Hope we get the map updates and Safety Cameras module free. And hope it will be soon Smile

Edit:
In my opinion one of the big disadvantages of Navigons is lack of navigation to GPS coordinates. I find it really anoying. I have this option in my old PDA Destinator 6. As I navigate in Ireland mostly looking for some small megalithic archeological sites, navigation to GPS coordinates is crucial.
Until Navigon allows such a simple thing I will need to use both navigations at the same time Sad
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dancop wrote:

Hope we get the map updates and Safety Cameras module free. And hope it will be soon Smile

8110 users will get the Map updates free, but it's not clear if the Safety Cameras will be free?

I can only assume that the 8110 maps take a little more time to do due to the Panarama View 3D mode and extra data that must be in the maps.

Shame the e-mail didn't target specific users.
bivotar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Avoid instruction in turn-by-turn list Reply with quote

Hi at all,
i have an issue on my 8110 with the avoid instruction in the turn-by-turn page : even if i tap the junk turn (the cross on the right becomes red) and i ask the system to recalculate a new route, i'll obtain the same route again Crying or Very sad .

Obviously in my test i choosed turns with possible alternatives.

Thank you in advance, sorry for my bad english
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dancop wrote:
Quote:
In my opinion one of the big disadvantages of Navigons is lack of navigation to GPS coordinates

Not ideal (maybe impractical), but if you know the general location and go into the the navigation screen (eg 'show on map'), you can then move the map around until the coordinates shown at the bottom are the ones you want, then choose 'save'

I suggest you ask Navigon if they could provide this as a direct option; I have requested a few things with the response "it doesn't do that now - request passed on to development team - it may (/not) appear in a future release". Time Will Tell...
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest it's not a feature I miss all that much. What is quicker. Typing in a postcode or loads of numbers Wink Laughing Out Loud.

Joking aside I have never found a use for the co-ordinates. When I had my ViaMichelin I was so keen to try out the function but gave up trying to figure out how to even enter the correct format.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bivotar - did you actually DRIVE one of these routes? There is also a "recalculate original route" option, so the 8110 must remember that. When I have used the similar "block" function to force a detour, the original route is still shown (in red I think) although I am also being diverted along the usual orange-coloured route (similarly here, you can UNblock the route and go back to the original).

So it may be just the display, with the re-routing working ok.

...Or maybe it IS an error...
dancop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
dancop wrote:
Quote:
In my opinion one of the big disadvantages of Navigons is lack of navigation to GPS coordinates

Not ideal (maybe impractical), but if you know the general location and go into the the navigation screen (eg 'show on map'), you can then move the map around until the coordinates shown at the bottom are the ones you want, then choose 'save'

I suggest you ask Navigon if they could provide this as a direct option; I have requested a few things with the response "it doesn't do that now - request passed on to development team - it may (/not) appear in a future release". Time Will Tell...

Its worth a shot. Both - sending an e-mail to Navigon and using your way to navigate to the coordinates. I'll try Smile

jonandmarkuk wrote:
To be honest it's not a feature I miss all that much. What is quicker. Typing in a postcode or loads of numbers Wink Laughing Out Loud.

Joking aside I have never found a use for the co-ordinates. When I had my ViaMichelin I was so keen to try out the function but gave up trying to figure out how to even enter the correct format.

As I said, I navigate through rural area of Ireland looking for some ineresting sites. Its much easier to find: "Longitude 6° 13' 46.08" W, Latitude 52° 41' 26.07" N" than "From Inch on the N11 take the side road that leads to Tara Hill. Follow the road around the base of the hill until you are on the south side. The fort sits in a field just passed the first junction with a road going off to the right."
bivotar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
bivotar - did you actually DRIVE one of these routes? There is also a "recalculate original route" option, so the 8110 must remember that. When I have used the similar "block" function to force a detour, the original route is still shown (in red I think) although I am also being diverted along the usual orange-coloured route (similarly here, you can UNblock the route and go back to the original).

So it may be just the display, with the re-routing working ok.

...Or maybe it IS an error...

I understood the reason : it doesn't work with a planned trip "at home", but it works perfectly on the road
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant - glad to hear that (I was wondering myself!)
dancop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got an e-mail from Navigon today stating that map update for 8110 will be available in 2-3 days. Hurray Smile
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Anyone going to IFA Reply with quote

Anyone going to IFA who would be kind enough to pick up the free leather case from Navigon.
I have a voucher, but no way of getting to Berlin to collect it Rolling Eyes

I will pay postage in the UK Wink
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: navigon 8110 Via Michelin Reply with quote

JonandMarkUK:

I got the following response to an email sent to Navigon about an 8110 with ViaMichelin content:

"There´s a ´8110 Via Michelin version, that at moment you can buy on the French Home Page, here:

http://www.navigon.com/site/fr/fr/shop/consumer/bundlelist ."

it is listed there but no mention made about the ViaMichelin content and how it can be used.

Any thoughts or more info you may have?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect it may only have the french guides or something? I really don't know but if enough people express and Interest in it being downloadable content via Navigon Fresh then maybe we can get Navigon to release the guides to us.

I find it such a shame they have limited it to France only, but that could be because France was VM's biggest market and maybe they are licensed to officially distribute it in France?

What I do like to see is that the content is on the existing units and not a bespoke new model. Wink

So lets all get e-mailing Navigon to get our hands on the VM content....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 15 of 24

Jump to: