Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom home updating 2 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom home updating 2 devices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadBaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: TomTom home updating 2 devices Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to keep up to date 2 TT devices using a common Home installation and email address?

I'm shortly replacing my Go910 with a 930t but want to keep the old 910 up to date for use on multi-car journeys.

I emailed TomTom but couldn't get a decent reply, they just kept going on about accounts and licences.

I've searched through the forum and there is a mention of someone achieving it, but I haven't been able to find it.
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, You have to set up a 2nd e-mail for the 2nd TomTom, then you can log in to the 1st one, then log out, and log in to the 2nd one.
MadBaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... but that's the point - I only have one email address (and I don't want to set up another).

Why do they make it so complicated?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fought TomTom tooth and nail over this, all completely without success. You must have a unique email address for each device. They told me if you have five devices, you must have five email addresses.

Whatever you do, do NOT try to register the new device on the old email address - it WILL accept it as a change of device, but your old device is then out in the cold.

Sorry, but you'll HAVE to find another email address (I currently have four, solely for TomTom devices and it's a right royal pain in the *******). They WILL all run under the single installation of TT Home.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MadBaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's why I can't update my old (and still legal) version of Navigator 5 on my iPaq any more. I don't use that version any more for driving, but it's useful for looking up maps.

Is there a way of transferring my existing Go910 to another email address without losing anything?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadBaz wrote:
Is there a way of transferring my existing Go910 to another email address without losing anything?
What have you got that you wouldn't want to lose? You would keep everything on the device. What you'd lose would be any TomTom subscriptions you have with it, e.g. Traffic and/or speed cameras.

Assuming you are a wise bunny and have not subscribed to such services, feel free to go for it - get yourself another email address (or use your wife's, girlfriend's, mother's, granny's) and set up a new registration for the 910 with that. Then go to tomtom website and create a new account with that email address and register the 910 on that account. Connect your new 930T to Home and it will say the device isn't registered to this account and will offer you several choices, one of which is to change your account, so you can then register the 930 against that email address (your current, favourite one) in Home. You will also need to go to the tomtom website, login with that email address and change your device details.

At the end of the day, when you then connect either of them to Home (or indeed to tomtom website), you'll need to login with the email address and password for that particular device. There is an option in Home (top menu - "Device") to change device, which means you can swap the devices over when they are connected to Home.

If you downloaded a new map for the 910 during the last 12 months, every time you login with the new 930 it'll offer you that map download again - you don't want it of course, so just deselect it - it'll stop when the 12 months anniversary of the original purchase runs out.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: