Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Home
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsmail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Home Reply with quote

I've just bought western europe map ver 7.1 for my TTG Classic. I wish to set a PIN security number for the unit but have to do this via TT Home (I have ver 2.3) However when I go to "Operate My Go" via my PC screen, I get a message "No Maps Found" I read that the first time TTG is operated via TTHome, a new file has to be downloaded for this to happen. Haven't been offered any new download.

Any help appreciated.

PS All other features of TT Home appear to work OK apart from a system update of 9.8 MB that always seems to fail half way through - then informs me after a reboot of TTG that no update is available....hmm? Perhaps that's what's going wrong.

Thanks

Dave
headhurts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obvious one but it has caught me is to make sure home is logging you on with your email and password then check for updates if updates are coming through when you click on operate my device it should offer you the download if not then i am sure one of the more knowledgeable forum members can help more
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom Home Reply with quote

dsmail wrote:
I've just bought western europe map ver 7.1 for my TTG Classic. I wish to set a PIN security number for the unit but have to do this via TT Home (I have ver 2.3) However when I go to "Operate My Go" via my PC screen, I get a message "No Maps Found" I read that the first time TTG is operated via TTHome, a new file has to be downloaded for this to happen. Haven't been offered any new download.

Any help appreciated.

PS All other features of TT Home appear to work OK apart from a system update of 9.8 MB that always seems to fail half way through - then informs me after a reboot of TTG that no update is available....hmm? Perhaps that's what's going wrong.

Thanks

Dave

Just curious ... are you trying to download from a wireless connection to the internet? If so, try a wired directly to the modem/router. Bizarre stuff seems to happen with wireless, it seems. Just a thought.
dsmail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick replies. I am logged on to TT Home as me so that's OK. I do use a wireless router, but my desktop (which is what I'm using with TT Home) is connected via cable so that's Ok too.

Still have same problem.

Dave
dsmail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to find a work around for this by using a previous map in TTG which TT Home could control via PC. This allowed me access to enter a security PIN. After completing that, swapped backed to SD card maps of western europe, restarted TTG and security PIN was requested on startup. Looks as though security data is stored on the TTG iteslf and not the sd card, so PIN should always be requested no matter what card is being used.
Still can't operate TTG via TTHome though on western europe maps. Still shows "No maps found"

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: