Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:
A warning almost 5 miles in advance does seem a bit premature

I regularly get that with one particular turning into a relatively minor road, when there are more major road junctions in the 2 miles between the warning and my turning.

At the same time, there seem to be other turnings that you feel you've almost passed before a warning is given.

...oh, the wonders of modern technology Rolling Eyes
superref_63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea when version 8 will be availble for the 710?

Thnaks
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just updated my 720.

Update went ok.

BUT

everything seems so slow now. response to finger input is like.... 10's of seconds. not instant like before.

Anybody else had this problem?

(just answered this myself - reset device and all seems to be ok now)
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no such problems here. Updated maps to v8.05 last night and drove east up M4 this morning to Uxbridge area.
All seemed pretty much OK except GPRS Traffic doesn't seem to be working though I am not sure whether that is a server issue at the TT end (as the unit appeared to suggest) or something disrupted through the upgrade.

The Lane Assist is a bit of a puzzle though! Got full screen shot and graphics etc approaching J8/9 Maidenhead (A/M404)but at the junction with the M25 I just got some graphics in the bottom bar but the map screen didn't change which suprised me considering the size of the junction.

Also seem to have lost all the warning voices for the cameras though restoring these shouldn't be an issue
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:
Also seem to have lost all the warning voices for the cameras though restoring these shouldn't be an issue

Since updating my 720 to v8.010, the POI warnings have been disappearing randomly after connecting it to my PC.

At first, I thought it was MapShare updates, then I thought it was HOME, but then I noticed this happening after I'd updated the camera database.

...I've just had to get into the habit of checking that warnings are still active after each time I've connected it. Twisted Evil
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:

The Lane Assist is a bit of a puzzle though! Got full screen shot and graphics etc approaching J8/9 Maidenhead (A/M404)but at the junction with the M25 I just got some graphics in the bottom bar but the map screen didn't change which suprised me considering the size of the junction.

Two different things... I can't remember the exact names TT give them (Darren mentioned it once, but I can't find the post) but the arrows at the bottom left should be there on ALL junctions. The pretty pictures take up a lot of memory and so aren't there for all junctions, but as you say, you'd think the M25 was covered!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is file size related as the pictures are made up from only a few basic different images, the lack of information in the map data about the specific junction is more probable. When using from Blackpool to London I think only around 15 occasions did the reality view make an appearance. The direction arrows lower left appear far more often, these are the only part of the system that I personally find of use - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Reality view" and "advanced Lane Guidance" - those were the terms!

If the reality views AREN'T taking up memory by being junction specific, I wonder why they are missing so often? Surely they would just use the same data as is used to produce the blue arrows in the corner?
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
MrRubberGloves wrote:
I've updated to 8.010 and I have lost (as I presume everyone else has) the compass option, does anyone know how I can access my compass options?
The compass is gone, what you can do is enable a rather feeble pointer that will always point North, this is found in Status Bar Preferences on the third page of checkbox options - Mike

It has taken a while to find but you can have heading (Direction) shown on the Status bar by putting a tick in the Direction box. Compass pointer always points North but at least the heading is shown on the status bar in degrees.
NA 2GB v8.45
gluey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Help me options Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have a 520 with the following,

App 7.221 (8572/071121) OS 2318
GPS v1.21,Boot 5.5010
Uk Ireland map v705.1480

I then updated to 7.481 which went ok.
It then updated to 8.010.

Now if i use the help me feature and pick walk to nearest police station, it then GREYS out the Police,Doctors and pharmacy options until i reset the unit.

Only happens with version 8.010.
I contacted TT and they said to use Flash utility and check and fromat unit etc.

I did all that and reloaded but still the same.
Tried again on another PC but still the same result.

Has anyone had the same fault?

Do i have the right boot file as someone on the Yournav forum thinks its not for the 520.

Kev
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally don't see the point in upgrading the navcore to ver8.01 if the v8 maps are not available and the 'new' functions are not compatible with older maps. As soon as tt announced a reduction in map prices, warning bells should have been going off saying perhaps the v8 maps will be available later in the year, but being a cynic, i suppose this wont happen until the map quotas have been met for the old stock.. perhaps insider info maybe needed to confirm this time will tell.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Help me options Reply with quote

gluey wrote:

Now if i use the help me feature and pick walk to nearest police station, it then GREYS out the Police,Doctors and pharmacy options until i reset the unit.

Only happens with version 8.010.

Has anyone had the same fault?

Kev

I've certainly heard of others experiencing this. One of the reasons I've NOT updated to v8 yet.

Turn off automatic updates in Home Preferences, then YOU can decide when to update things.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to go ahead with the v8 upgrades for the simple reason that the maps are now up to 30% off.

You can be sure that when TT officially release v8 maps for the x20 series they will be at full price and we all know that whilst there are changes between map versions they don't appear to be that many so I went for it on the basis that a £20 saving was worth it in place of a few map changes that will occur later this year. I now have Lane Assist and IQ routing, both useful additions.

Interestingly the annoying ' continue on Mxx for xx miles' comments that seemed to appear with v8 Navcore and v7 maps has now disappeared following the upgrade to the v8 maps.

My only problem currently is around the fact that my GPRS traffic has now stopped working, the system recognises the phone, bluetooth etc is working but there is no connection to the traffic server. I have some ideas around fixing this but if anyone else has any bright suggestions they would be welcomed.
Pritch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:
My only problem currently is around the fact that my GPRS traffic has now stopped working, the system recognises the phone, bluetooth etc is working but there is no connection to the traffic server. I have some ideas around fixing this but if anyone else has any bright suggestions they would be welcomed.

I have had this problem too - i downgraded back to v7.481 and could connect to the server again. Doesn't solve the problem, but i preferred to ensure that traffic was working...
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have had this problem too - i downgraded back to v7.481 and could connect to the server again. Doesn't solve the problem, but i preferred to ensure that traffic was working...

Fair comment. I have tried a couple of things but the GPRS Traffic still doesn't appear to be working e.g. reset account, "fool" the site into thinking I have a TT go730 etc.

That said I would sooner I have the IQ routing since the traffic is so rarely correct and I still have my trusty Trafficmaster to fall back on so I will leave 'as is' until such time as somebody can suggest why I should be having "server" issues. All other TT Plus services seem to work OK

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 28 of 34

Jump to: