Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 730 - hands free volume
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

730 - hands free volume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noseboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: 730 - hands free volume Reply with quote

On my 730T the volume is low when using hands-free. The other party can hear me but I can't hear them unless they're shouting! Is there any way of adjusting the volume for hands-free specifically?

Also, I have my music and navigation instructions set to go through the FM transmitter, and that's working fine, but the hands-free still goes through the internal speaker - any way of adjusting that?

Cheers
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The volume control you see DURING a call, is a different one to normal - it just looks the same. Check that's on full (but it probably is already).

There is some reason why TomTom are desperate for us NOT to have phone audio over the line out or FM. It has always been through the internal speaker only, except briefly when someone discovered a way to enable it on the line out. The ever-helpful bods at TomTom rushed to produce a new version of software that STOPPED it working again!
noseboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
The volume control you see DURING a call, is a different one to normal - it just looks the same. Check that's on full (but it probably is already).

Thanks Andy, I'll give that a go. Hope it works - hands free is pretty crap at the moment!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's another possible thing to try (I remembered it but couldn't face searching for it last night.
See THIS POST
kensaunders
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read this post and the other one, (having the same low phone volume problem with my tom tom 520) I did the following:

having rang my messaging service and putting the main menu on (keeps repeating - its also free on my contract!)

I adjusted the volume up down on my Nokia 95, only effect was that when i reached the lowest level the phone muted, it did not have any effect until then: volume was consistant (and low volume).

I then pressed the turn instruction on the main driving view page ( s you would if you wanted to repeat a instruction) - the volume control that appeared then ADJUSTED THE PHONE VOLUME!

The main volume for spoken instructions was at 25% and remained so during and after I hung up.

I the repeated this again on a live call home (withut readjusting anything) - PHONE VOLUME LOUD!!

Sucess!!!!! Very Happy

Hope this helps!!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kensaunders wrote:

I then pressed the turn instruction on the main driving view page ( s you would if you wanted to repeat a instruction) - the volume control that appeared then ADJUSTED THE PHONE VOLUME!

That's kinda what I meant in my first post. Thanks for the clearer instructions. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: