Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I signed up and payed the money ..........
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I signed up and payed the money ..........
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tangerine27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: I signed up and payed the money .......... Reply with quote

......... but how the Censored do I get the right database and install it on my Copilot Live WM6 HTC Touch Cruise?

I've looked at the instructions for the last 2 months (on and off, I needed to go to work and walk the dog) but to me it looks a total mish-mash between 7/live, WM1/2/3/4/5, csv/something else, blah de blah.
Checked these forums and found others asking the same question and getting Kafkaesque answers then presumably losing the will to live, so I thought I'd see what response I got with a couple or 3 simple questions so here goes:

1) Which file/s do I need for UK and Europe speed cameras for Copilot Live on WMPro6?
2) How do I install it?
3) Do I need to delete anything to get rid of the existing camera database (that which came with the device i.e. TomTom demo and then the install of Copilot Live)?

Many thanks to all who go there.

Cheers,
Gordon
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Hi and welcome.
2) Please do NOT use asterisks to disguise your swearing. The auto filter is there for a reason and not as a challenge for you to circumvent.
3) Does this page from the help table on the download page help you at all?
reteb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Touch Cruise running CoPilot fine.
It comes on a micro-SD card and what you need to do is insert this micro-SD card in your TC card slot. In practice, I am using an 8Gb card, so all I did was copy the folders from the CoPilot micro-SD to my 8Gb micro-SD. Once you have done this, you should have two folders: '2577' and 'COPILOT'.

Within '2577' is a file called 'copilot.wm6ppc' which you need to execute (double click in File Explorer) and this will install the correct version on your TC. Now start up the application and it will install your UK map and get you to set up a few basic defaults and also ask you to Acitvate the software - you need your product key here.

Personally, I find the standard routing rather poor, so it may be worth looking into creating your own routing preferences. I have created two: 'Rural' which keeps me on B roads for use around my local area and 'Main Roads' which I use for longer distance routes. But you do need to play with the settings to find routing that suites your prefences. By the way, none of this is essential as the standard routing works fine, but is just not what I want and it tends to keep me to a roads which are not appropriate to where I live.

CoPilot will install its own camera database, although not necessarily the best, so you don't have to worry about anything else. PocketGPS World will probably tell you that they have the best camera database, but I don't personally use it - too expensive (flames welcome!).

I should also point out that CoPilot has been updated, so the version you have may already be out of date. Search this forum for a link to the latest version download.

Good luck. Hope it goes OK.
reteb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
1)Please do NOT use asterisks to disguise your swearing

Why?!!

What's wrong with asterisks?
Are asterisks offensive?
Mr_T
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: I signed up and payed the money .......... Reply with quote

tangerine27 wrote:
......... but how the Censored do I get the right database and install it on my Copilot Live WM6 HTC Touch Cruise?

I've looked at the instructions for the last 2 months (on and off, I needed to go to work and walk the dog) but to me it looks a total mish-mash between 7/live, WM1/2/3/4/5, csv/something else, blah de blah.
Checked these forums and found others asking the same question and getting Kafkaesque answers then presumably losing the will to live, so I thought I'd see what response I got with a couple or 3 simple questions so here goes:

1) Which file/s do I need for UK and Europe speed cameras for Copilot Live on WMPro6?
2) How do I install it?
3) Do I need to delete anything to get rid of the existing camera database (that which came with the device i.e. TomTom demo and then the install of Copilot Live)?

Many thanks to all who go there.

Cheers,
Gordon

I think what you meant to say was something along the lines of ..................

Hi, Newbie here. I have subscribed to the database but need some help to know which files to download for Copilot Live on WMPro6?
Also, How do I install it and what do I do to delete the existing database.

Any help much appreciated.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why?!!

What's wrong with asterisks?
Are asterisks offencive?

I believe i explained that when i said

Quote:
The auto filter is there for a reason and not as a challenge for you to circumvent.

If the filter auto censors a word then there is no reason to use asterisks to get around that. Post without the swearing.

By the way, reteb, have you seen this thread yet?

Anyway, back on topic.

tangerine27 it would help if you could explain how far you get and where things don't work.
reteb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
By the way, reteb, have you seen this thread yet?

No I hadn't. Didn't realise we had Signature Police around, but point taken and signature removed completely so as not to offend. Personally, I find them rather helpful, but what does my opinion count?

Would it also be helpful if we kept questions and answers to two or three lines, max?
Sorry about exceeding my limit with this response!

Reteb
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey, get out of bad the wrong side? I haven't asked anyone to delete their sigs just bring them within our limits of 4-lines. Not too much to ask surely?

The swearing is unnecessary, this is a family forum and hiding it with asterisks in an attempt to defeat the filter is not the answer. Now perhaps we can all get back to business? Cool
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: I signed up and payed the money .......... Reply with quote

tangerine27 wrote:

Gordon, first post and not the best of starts?

We're here to help and a polite request will get you the answers you are after, no need to fly off the handle Laughing

Quote:

Matters not what device its running on, for UK AND Europe you will need the UK AND EUR files. They are split as UK is MPH coded and EUR is KPH.
Quote:
2) How do I install it?

What version of Copilot do you have?
Quote:

TomTom demo? For CoPilot the answer depends on what version you are running of CoPilot, 5, 6 or 7? Post back with that and we can take it from there.
tangerine27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my first post and I did not expect to be castigated for NOT swearing.
I think you are being astonishingly prudish and high handed. So much so that I felt I could not come back to this forum to follow up my problem for a considerable time.
When I did this evening I was heartened to see that I was not alone in my reaction but the opposite to see that The Moderator saw fit to (no doubt jovially) to tell me I sould not fly off the handle! Where did that come from? I did not reply to his patronising twaddle thankfully leaving that to others.
I'll probably be blocked now.
Thanks a lot.
reteb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tangerine27 - I think that the moderators comments were made against me, not you. Just a bad call without reading the previous posts.
I was just standing up for the 'asterisk', who can't speak for himself, is often mis-quoted and has a generally poor reputation for apparent bad language!

This forum DOES work and there are lots of useful people who contribute to help resolve problems. My advice is just to ignore the over the top intervention of one or two of the 'moderators'.

Hope you get on with CoPilot which is actually quite a good application but with several issues that you either get used to, or you move to another product. Unfortunately, the other products are becomming fewer and fewer for the Pocket PC. Looks like it's either CoPilot or TomTom (old maps) or a variety of newer products that have other issues.

Reteb
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tangerine27, have you managed to get the database installed yet?

if you could answer darren's query in what version of copilot etc then we can help

MaFt
tangerine27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks reteb,

I'd done nothing since April when I originally downloaded something and installed it to somewhere until 10 mins ago.

I've just followed the instructions given in the link in the 1st reply to this thread. When I copied the files over to my card I noticed that there were half a dozen files that were replaced so I suspect that I had at least done that bit right previously.

I then followed the instructions on the link to "PPC6 - Enabling notification of Speed Cameras" and got as far as setting the PoI alert but found that "Custom" was greyed out and "Travel and Transportation" didn't exist.
Thats where I am. I'm traveling tomorrow so I will see what has happened if anything.

Random other points;
There was no 3 minute delay when I started CoPilot Live after the update
I have always got verbal and visual alerts of speed cameras but whenever there is one whithin a 1000yd radius which is not much use!

I hope this tells you where I am going wrong and that you can assist.

Cheers,
Gordon
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tangerine27 wrote:
I hope this tells you where I am going wrong and that you can assist.

Which part of
Quote:
What version of Copilot do you have?
do you not understand?

There are people here who are perfectly capable of helping you and very willing to help you, one step at a time if necessary, but you do have to contribute some information.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
tangerine27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I think I've got all the information I need to understand what type of person is required to moderate this forum.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: