Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8.010
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8.010

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
45Richard45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Navcore 8.010 Reply with quote

Hey, plugged in my One V3 today and was prompted to download the update to Navcore 8!

Anyways, i've downloaded it, but there are a few interesting features, firstly although it says i can change the icon for the car, it does'nt actually change it...secondly the hack that was about before for itinery planning still appears to work, and the POI side of the hack still does, but it appears they have done away with the intinery software - so pressing the button just causes the device to freeze and then reboot.

Also seems to take longer now to boot up Confused

So just thought i'd give my £0.02 on how ive found it so far
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the car icons to change the actual images need to be in the correct place (I am assuming they have put the image files in the Art folder but they should be in the Art/ Cars sub folder).
To check this can you connect the device to the PC, shut down TomTom Home and use Windows Explorer to view the device. find the art folder and open it, there should be another folder in this location but I bet you find the icons (all 5 of them) are there by mistake. Simply create the cars sub folder and copy / paste the icons into it, you should now be able to select a different image to the default blue triangle.

The loss of itinerary planning is a bad move and one that might prevent some users from upgrading, if this functionality is vital to you simply install that all important backup to the device - Mike
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Navcore 8.010 Reply with quote

45Richard45 wrote:
Hey, plugged in my One V3 today and was prompted to download the update to Navcore 8!

Anyways, (snip, see original post)... but it appears they have done away with the intinery software - so pressing the button just causes the device to freeze and then reboot.

So just thought i'd give my £0.02 on how ive found it so far

As another of my posts elsewhere mention today, the first THREE times I used it since updating, it alternatively froze after entering my pin, froze while booting, and froze, and crashed, and automatically re-booted for me today.

And I've not had any of them things ever before with a TomTom.

It also takes longer to boot slightly for me now.

But I have a Go 730, as per signature, not your device mind, so not sure the relevance.
45Richard45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, the icons are all in the cars subfolder, and they are the standard ones that come with v8 anyway.

Do you know if there is anyway of reinstalling the software in case its badly installed?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check this out when I get home to the main PC, loading software to a device from the mobile phone I am currently using is not really viable!

To get a new download back up the device fully using Windows Explorer (see the FAQ page in the sticky threads at the top of this forum section index).
With the backup complete use Windows Explorer to delete the files in the root of the device DO NOT DELETE ANY FOLDERS, now use TomTom Home which will downlaod and install the software to the device again - Mike
Hartsa
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version was for GO x20 range too. I took the risk to install it.
Stop it!
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Navcore 8.010 Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:

How long did the 730 take before and after the new firmware? Since installing app 8.010, my 720 displays the splash screen as soon as I press the button, and is ready for use within 4 seconds.
Samsung Galaxy S21
45Richard45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now im officially confused...I did what you said Mike, and it now offers me versio 7 for download Confused and after install ive now lost all favorites...

Although now i should have itinerary planning back Laughing
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread locked. Please continue v8 upgrade discussion in the V8 Upgrade thread here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: