Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT920 - Congestion Charge at Vauxhall Bridge
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT920 - Congestion Charge at Vauxhall Bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kansalis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: TT920 - Congestion Charge at Vauxhall Bridge Reply with quote

Bit of a stab in the dark, but does anyone regularly drive in London around the Vauxhall Bridge area? My old 510 knew where the Congestion Charge zone starts, but my 920 thinks the junction at the north side of Vauxhall Bridge is inside the zone (it's not).

I'm mainly looking for anyone who has upgraded to the latest maps & who can confirm (or not) that it's been fixed.

It may seem a fairly trivial problem, but I live about a mile south of the bridge & it's very annoying when trying to avoid the CC zone and the TomTom tries to unnecessarily take me all over the place to get home...
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way that junction is in the zone, isn't it? I thought that Millbank was in the zone but Grosvenor Road wasn't. Then there's the "Free through route" of course which isn't in the zone itself but every road off it is.
Kansalis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The junction itself is outside the zone, Millbank is where it starts.

I come along Grosvenor Road and turn right across the bridge mainly (and vice versa), which my 920 thinks takes me into the zone.

The odd thing is that my 510 knows where the zone really starts, which obviously hasn't changed between map revisions...

Edit: From this link you can see the purple through route all the way up to Park Lane at the end of the zone.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a v8 map, plotting a route from Grsovernor Road, across Vauxhall Bridge and terminating at the Oval does not trigger the Toll Charge alert nor does a stop on Vauxhall Bridge road heading towards Victoria.

Changing the terminus to Atterbury Street at Millbank triggers the alert so that would suggest that it does have the zone settings correct in the latest release in this area at least?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What map version ARE you on Kansalis?
webbo178
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, but before he left the corridors of power in London Mr.Livingstone enlarged the congestion zone and I believe Grosvenor Road is now INSIDE the zone, with Vauxhaul Bridge Road now the FREE through route!!
webbo178
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webbo178 wrote:
Just a thought, but before he left the corridors of power in London Mr.Livingstone enlarged the congestion zone and I believe Grosvenor Road is now INSIDE the zone, and Vauxhaul Bridge Road is still the FREE through route!!
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at map version 7.10 on the XL. Going East along the dual carriageway just before Vauxhall Bridge (N51.48824, W0.12977) is counted as being IN the congestion zone. However, going West along that part is OUTSIDE the zone.

Going by the TFL map linked earlier and the local knowledge, this means that this map version, at least, is WRONG. (Sounds like it has been corrected in later maps so no point reporting it.)

We'll only get a real idea of the problem when Kansalis comes back with the map versions both the 920 and 510 are running in order to compare.
Brodit ProClip mount
Kansalis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys, it does look like the v8 maps will be correct. I'll get the map version from the 920 when I'm at home. I can't remember where I put the 510, but will try to dig that out too Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: