Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 930 map upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

930 map upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erintech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: 930 map upgrade Reply with quote

A few problems:

Does anyone know if there is a menu on the TomTom device (930T) to show the current software and map versions? This appears to be missing from mine.

I tried the "Use latest map guarantee"

It offered me new maps for US and Europe, so I accepted these and the download started with the US map. After a while this had failed with a server error and the European map download had been abandoned due to the previous error.

I tried again, but now ONLY the US map is offered. Not much use to a UK user!

Is there a way of fixing this or must I get TomTom support involved?

I used "Show contents of my GO", this being the only way I can find the map versions, and both the US and European maps are at version 800.1762

But the "new" map is version 8.05 - Why are the version numbering conventions so different?

Thanks,
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get at the information screen you want tap the sat strength meter (lower Left corner) then tap the small box that says "Version" on the right hand side of the screen.

I think you are probably best off talking directly to TomTom support about the map issue, they have been experiancing server problems but this might not be the problem in your case, they can be reached on
0845 161 0009 try them in the morning - Mike
jbsolutios
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Erintech

I bought a 930T and have had similar problems.

I have only ever been offered the North America map. The issue has been ongoing since the 11th and they have still to come up with a resolution.

At the moment, they are saying that the Latest Map Guarantee only applies to the map which you purchased the unit in, so I would be entitled to the Western & Central Europe, but not North America.

I have been calling and hassling them, but to no avail.

Tonight, I spoke to a different person who agrees that it is ridiculous - if I only wanted UK maps, I could have bought a 530T (and done without the EPT).

Have you managed to get any further please?

Many thanks

John
Erintech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Little progress... Reply with quote

Sorry but no progress so far.

First I was told to delete the contents of the TomTom downloads folder. This had no effect whatever.

Then we went through a process of checking versions of maps and software.

Then they had the utter cheek to ask me for a proof of purchase and serial number of the device!

Since then I heard nothing until I chased them today and was told it is with "2nd line support" and I rather got the impression that that was the end of the matter so far as they were concerned!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people on the forums HAVE eventually got all the maps they are/should be entitled to, so DON'T GIVE UP!

EDIT: See also THIS POST from DennisN, saying how to do it! Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: