Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alio1326
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to get 7.20 map update on Wednesday but the usual thing they wanted proof of purchase,sent that with serial number.
Got e-mail from TomTom this morning 11.21am. saying,
There seems to be an issue with our Latest Map Guarantee Server. It willbe up and runningagain by the end of Tuesday.
Please accept, blah,blah.If you try on Tuesday you willbe able to access the server. So looks like Tusday will be a busy day.
Alio1326
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the typing look like I keep missing the space bar.
alrobbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to the message Alio received, I have an email from them today saying:

"Our server is now back online and you can download the Latest Map Guarantee via TomTom HOME."

Organisation and brewery drinking session spring to mind.Rolling Eyes
For the record, I still only get the offer of v7.15 maps. I think the frustrating part is not knowing - if the server isn't going to be back up until Tuesday, then tell me, I'll wait and download then.

Don't get me wrong, I think my 520 is great and I previously used a PDA with TT nav 6 (& 5 before that), but this issue with the latest map guarantee seems to cause much more trouble than it should.

Another email to TomTom Customer Support me thinks.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrobbo wrote:
seems to cause much more trouble than it should.
Only seems to???? If 33 pages is only seems to, I'd hate to have to read something you consider pretty conclusive!!

For the record also, I give it a go every 12 hours or so, in the vain hope that perhaps they've fixed it, without success. It looks as though I'll just have to rely on a letter from Renault, but they're beginning to resemble TT support too - they've been ringing me back on my mobile in ten minutes or inside an hour or later today for the last two days. Crying

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
alrobbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
alrobbo wrote:
seems to cause much more trouble than it should.
Only seems to???? If 33 pages is only seems to, I'd hate to have to read something you consider pretty conclusive!!

Yeah, point taken - sorry about the understatement! Embarassed

I mean though, why can't they do something as simple as allowing you to download the latest map directly from the website FOC by providing you with a unique, one use only code, provided in the packaging etc.......hang on a minute, what's this leaflet I have with a code and "Receive Free Services & Latest Map Guarantee" on it which came in the box.... Wink
kuyler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the record, using the latest map guarantee I have just now been correctly offered v720 and have commenced the download.
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting ridiculous. Another week has gone by and still no LMG for me for my TT ONE.
Quote:

The latest communication from TT was on the 21st May:
This has been passed to our PLUS team with an urgent request that this matter is speedily resolved .

In the meantime we thank you and appreciate your patience .

Well I have a certain amount of patience, but after 2 weeks of back and forth communications I am still no further on, despite sending proof of purchase to TT and promises the LMG will be honoured.

If it was my firm, I would just say here is a voucher code, download the new map - it would save a lot of time all round and greatly improve customer relations.
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: A result Reply with quote

Finally after sending proof of purchase and various other screen shots I was allocated a download of the map. Smile

I hope I never have to go through all that again.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: A result Reply with quote

3GGG wrote:
Finally after sending proof of purchase and various other screen shots I was allocated a download of the map. Smile

I hope I never have to go through all that again.

You lucky so and so!! Tomorrow, mine will have been on the go for three weeks. I've sent them a scan of invoice for my £9500+ van, Screenshot of Home showing that I'm entitled to Latest Map - "Go get it free now", Scan of letter from Renault about posting me my free TomTom offer five weeks after I got my new van. Today, they've asked for a screenshot of my current map name, map version and device serial number. GRRR. Am I impressed that buying a new van from Renault gets me a free TomTom satnav? Answers on a postcard!

3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Today, they've asked for a screenshot of my current map name, map version and device serial number.

That was what I had to do yesterday and after that I was awarded the map download. So fingers crossed for you. Smile
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3GGG wrote:
Quote:
Today, they've asked for a screenshot of my current map name, map version and device serial number.

That was what I had to do yesterday and after that I was awarded the map download. So fingers crossed for you. Smile

Well, nothing more today - that's the 3 week anniversary come and gone.

BUT don't you ask yourself (I do) why you have to go through all this? Why don't they put a button in Home to Use Latest Map Guarantee? You'd have thought maybe that could be used to link to some place where you could get the latest map. Or might that be asking too much of TomTom's abilities? Rolling Eyes

3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that TomTom have made it difficult, they say that there have been fraudulent attempts to get map updates...

There is a menu item under "Tools" in Home to "use LMG", but in my case when I tried that I got a message that I did not qualify for it...

Keep communicating with them, if you have sent them all that they have requested in the way of proof then there should be no reason why they cannot enable the download via Home for you, as they finally did for me.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3GGG wrote:
There is a menu item under "Tools" in Home to "use LMG", but in my case when I tried that I got a message that I did not qualify for it...

Sorry, I made a (bad) sarcastic joke. That's the button I try every 12 hours or so and in my case it says something like "There is a lovely new map waiting for you and you can get it for free - just click the button to go get it". When I click the button, the map version I'm offered is v715, which was superseded by v720 on 6th May, which was when I first tried Latest Map Guarantee. That's been the whole direction of my current "experience" - simply trying to get the "Latest" map, when they are offering me an older version. In my case, do they seriously think I'd buy a £9,572.12 new van in order to con them out of a £40 map? One thing I will admit, is not connecting to Home when my device first arrived, in the hope of benefiting from Latest Map Guarantee at a date later than that, yet still within the thirty day Guarantee period. The guarantee works, the map offered is the wrong one. Hence my posting in the topic "Latest Map Guarantee" Not Working. I've just this minute tried it again and still I am entitled to latest map, but it's v715. I haven't got the precise wording in front of me, but it says "If a new map is issued within 30 days of you first using (buying/getting) your device, you can have it free".

3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, sorry the missed the joke Very Happy

Hope that it gets resolved soon. - I got the 'latest map' the first day I got my TT One, but of course another came along within 30 days and eventually I got that one as a replacement.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem - nobody ever gets any of my jokes - you'd think I'd learn!!

Have you therefore had TWO free map updates then? I simply dare NOT download v715 in case it jeopardises my chances of v720.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 33 of 36

Jump to: