Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed cameras on A2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed cameras on A2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shims
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Speed cameras on A2 Reply with quote

Hi there, never posted a message before so please be forgiving if i get it wrong.
Question, can anyone fathom whats going on with the speed cameras and speed limits on the new part of the A2 coming away from the M25 going towards Canterbury. Coming off the M25 joining the A2 I saw a notice that indicated de restricted then the warning bongs started on the Garmin unit telling me 50mph and specs cameras. Parts of the A2 are obviously marked 50mph (roadworks) others are not and the bongs still bong. Its driving me nuts. I regularly have to drive to Rochester and am concerned that the signs might be wrong or the speed camera database is incorrect. Traffic on ths first stretch seem to be "comfortable " doing more than 50 so is the Database wrong? or can they all look forward to a letter from big brother?
Any clarification would be good. thanks. And would like to add what a brilliant site this is.
Rob
Confused
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know this area personally, but the database map shows a number of 50mph SPECS cameras on the A2, and also a lot of deleted cameras.

Are you sure you've got the latest version of the database installed?

If so, then please submit any differences you observe, so that they can be updated in the next release.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sat nav and which database selection are you using?
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem occures on the A2 because the roadworks keep moving along. It's actually a 70mph limit but reduced to 50 during roadworks. The database is changed to reflect this but meantime the 50mph section has 'crept' further along. This could happen a day or two after the database release and could take 2 to 4 weeks before the next release. If the old and new position of roadworks hasn't been reported then it could be a few more weeks before the database catches up.

I travelled on the M20 to the Channel Tunnel on Saturday and noticed I was getting a warning pMOBILE:28550@50, although no roadworks in sight. I planned to report it on my return yesterday but on the way back noticed roadworks had re-appeared along that section. It's now possible it's been reported the roadworks had gone and will show as 70 in the next database.

Very difficult to get it 100% right where mobiles and roadworks are concerned. Personally I think it would be best to keep these out of the database and use the cones, speed limit signs and camera warnings as a clue not to speed.

Edited due to typo showing A20 instead of M20.
wiz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all change again on the A2 London bound from tollgate hotel to bottom of swanscome cutting as the new section of road, opened on the 22nd with cameras at the start and Finnish of the new section.
Shims
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Speed cameras on A2 Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
What sat nav and which database selection are you using?

Thanks for all the replies and help on this "problem".
Sat Nav is a Garmin StreetPilot C510t (with sometimes working TM unit attached), Database loaded is the single file all uk cameras - pgpsw-speed-cams-HZxUM ( downloaded 19 0 08 ) which should have been ok as latest update released 22 04 08? and I did the journey last on the 20th (sunday) down as far as Rochester and back.
Lots of Specs cameras either in operation of shortly to be commisioned on both carrageways in this area and the travelling roadworks might be influencing the speeds they are set at at various times.
What with the bongs bonging on the sat nav and the quality of signage in this area its a bit confusing at the moment.
Will keep you posted if I notice any developments on my next journey.
Thanks again . best wishes
Rob
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heading towards Canterbury from the M25 the first specs camera is at the bottom of Pepper Hill(Not in use yet) the next camera is after the A227 Meopham turn off, then two sets in the central reservation and one on the left after the Cobham turn off before the M2 starts. All these are showing correctly on the latest release. There were a lot of specs cameras between the M25 and Bean a few months ago but the have now gone and been removed from the database for the past 3 months at least, so you may not have copied the files over properly.

theripper

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: