Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map Update Guarantee
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map Update Guarantee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eeeboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Map Update Guarantee Reply with quote

Hello all.

Apologies if this subject has been covered already - I've waded through various threads and failed to see it.

I bought a X970T New Edition (full europe version - my original UK one is now on eBay after failing to find Europe software) a couple of weeks ago and love it. However, it can occasionally offer to take me the wrong way down a one way street (ie. Godalming High Street, and the Silent Pool junction on the A25 near Newlands corner).

I realise that future support for the units has now changed, but was interested to see that they offer a 'Map Update Guarantee' on their website for 9 euros which users can take advantage of within 90 days of purchase until the 30th September 2008.

Do I need this?

Is there any other source available for updating the maps?

Thanks.

Eeeboy.
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to check what Map Versions you have. On the SatNav from the Main Menu Select Set-Information-About

If the Map version is Cartography Edition 2007 you have the latest. If not, you should send for the update.
Cartography Edition 2007
Eeeboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RCorry.

Yep - checked it and it is the 2007 cartography. So I guess they wont be updating any further?!? Shame.

I notice you've got the 980 model - do you like it? I've seen a new one for sale for £199 and wonder if it's worth the upgrade over my 970.

Thanks.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What numbers do you have after the 2007... There should have been a map release in October and I'm not sure if the x970's came out before that map was released.
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeboy wrote:

I notice you've got the 980 model - do you like it? I've seen a new one for sale for £199 and wonder if it's worth the upgrade over my 970.

It all depends on how you value the extra features. I checked the compare option on their website, the main differences are the wider screen and the Text to Speec.

The wider screen is good because it gives space for the PacMan view of junctions, without obscuring the map too much.

The Text-to-Speech is great, almost faultless but some corny pronunciations - great when near busy junctions and too dangerous to look at the screen for the name of the street you need to be on.

Hope this helps,

Robert
Cartography Edition 2007
Eeeboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Right my unit:-

Viamichelin X970T Europe New Edition

Viamichelin Navigation 7.0.3 (Build 166)

Version ROM 1.0505.0409 - July 30 2007

Cartography Edition 2007

Michelin Guides listed vary - 2007 & 2008

Do this help?

Any likelyhood of getting map updates for this unit?!?

Thanks for all your help.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Eeeboy! If you definitely have the New Edition then the individual European country maps on the VM site now are the same ("last") ones which would have been already put onto the X970 NE - see the comment in the 'Technical Information' details for the maps in the 'Store' section - this comment also applied to the All-Europe map which was on sale till last week when supplies sold out, and would be the one you have on your European model. The signs are that VM will NOT be issuing ANY further updates to the mapping.

So you don't need any update, and couldn't get any anyway! (except for the individual countries at €79 a throw for those with older 960/970/980s not yet on NE - till those maps run out as well of course).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: