Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth 3.10 update Warning
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth 3.10 update Warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigre64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth 3.10 update Warning Reply with quote

If you are using a blackberry pearl 8100 with a Nuvi (i've got the 610T), DO NOT update the bluetooth driver, it fixes the phone disconnecting issue, but breaks the transfer of the address book.
i've placed a call with Garmin to see if they can come up with any ideas.

so does anyone know if i rollback out of 3.10 if so how and where can i get 3.00

thanks

Note - its now sorted - see my post below

Last edited by tigre64 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth 3.10 update Warning Reply with quote

tigre64 wrote:
so does anyone know if i rollback out of 3.10 if so how and where can i get 3.00

V2.80 is here and V3.00 is here (Personally, I recommend V2.80)

Save it on the Nüvi, in the \RemoteSW directory as 006B055301.GCD and reboot. Since it's an earlier version than the one you have loaded, it will probably not be loaded automatically.

In this case, press and hold 'Moving Avg' on the Speedometer screen, to display one of the hidden screens. Press 'Next' until you get to the 'Bluetooth Status' screen and choose "Updt" to manually reload the firmware. (This procedure is from the Nüvi 310 - and may be different on the 610).
Nick_Russell
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth 3.10 update Warning Reply with quote

PhilHornby wrote:

V2.80 is here and V3.00 is here (Personally, I recommend V2.80)

This is very useful. Just for my information, how do you navigate to these old software files on Garmin? I've searched on USA and UK site with no success.
City Navigator Europe NT 2008. GarminPOI Loader 2.5.2
tigre64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,

its sorted...... downgraded firmware to 2.80 and found still had the same issue - not transfer of address book.

went through exercise of checking phone and nuvi several times. and found that on the blackberry, there was a group in the address book - removed the group, retried syncing the address book and it worked

so if you have a Blackberry Pearl and a Nuvi - remove all groups from the address book, it should then work.

apologies for the initial post, but i had spent about 3 hours trying to get it to work.

Phil, thanks for the links it helped me troubleshoot the problem

cheers
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth 3.10 update Warning Reply with quote

Nick_Russell wrote:
Just for my information, how do you navigate to these old software files on Garmin? I've searched on USA and UK site with no success.

If you mean, how did I find them: I used this Debugging Proxy and watched WebUpdater in action to see what it was doing. Then I just applied a little guesswork, re the version numbering. In general, Garmin seem to maintain the current version and one previous version. With the Bluetooth firmware, they're obviously not feeling very confident and have retained two previous versions!
turboccc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this thread. I was able to downgrade to 3.00 on my Nuvi 760. It is the same procedure to force the update.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was running Bluetooth SW Version 3.10 last week.

Garmin sent me a new 3.10 to fix the Phone Disconnect issue and lo and behold when i check now my Phone Book says "No Data Available". Nokia 6880. This may not be the version available on the WebUpdater.

However i then downgraded to the old 3.10 and the Phone Book is back. Re-updated to the new 3.10 and the Phone Book is fine..... Rolling Eyes

Oh and it doesn't fix the Phone Disconnect problem either. Admittedly it's less frequent but not fixed.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was able to downgrade to 3.00 on my Nuvi 760. It is the same procedure to force the update.

What exactly did you do? I was just told to swap the files in the RemoteSW folder and restart the unit...
turboccc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the file as well and restarted the unit.

I am not sure if it was required, but I manually forced the update. Whatever it does.

I pressed and hold 'Moving Avg' on the Speedometer screen to display the hidden menu screens. Pressed 'Next' until I got the 'Bluetooth Status' screen and choosed "Updt" to manually reload the firmware.

It would be nice to try your new 3.10 bluetooth FW if you can post it somewhere.

Thanks
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I pressed and hold 'Moving Avg' on the Speedometer screen to display the hidden menu screens. Pressed 'Next' until I got the 'Bluetooth Status' screen and choosed "Updt" to manually reload the firmware.

I was never told to do this by Garmin... Crying or Very sad

Quote:
It would be nice to try your new 3.10 bluetooth FW if you can post it somewhere.

I won't bother as now i've carried out the instruction above and now my Nuvi reports i'm running Bluetooth SW version: 2.80.... So not a fix but a downgrade.... Turns out all that swapping files back and forth was probably doing nothing then. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

and Garmin support used to be so good...
turboccc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time, I tried 2.80 just by replacing the file but it was still 3.00. I did the forced update and I waited many seconds until the process completed. It was definitively moving this file content somewhere. After that, I got v2.80.

I read in another post that Garmin itself told someone to force the update that way. Strange they did not tell you... ???

Still no lock with pairing, though...
turboccc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I did it! I feel a bit dumb, but you tell me.

I cannot ask the Nuvi to scan for the phone. That does not work with my Samsung. Today i just had a flash and I asked the phone to scan for the Nuvi. It worked!

All this time, I was scanning for the phone on the Nuvi. I could see all the other phones at the office, but never my phone. It was clear to me this was the thing to do. Why try something else...

Conclusion: the next guy that has a problem pairing his phone with his GPS, tell him to try the other way around.

Cheers!

Note: guys, was this obvious to you?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: