Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Firmware version 7.481
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Firmware version 7.481
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7.481 Results (in other words ISSUES) for me in addition to my earlier posts, after one evening of testing now:

1) Traffic Map Issues and Errors a la 7.480 version all STILL THERE. Damn you TT.

2) Can't Download MapShare Updates.

3) Navigate to "cross street" = "one moment please" freeze. (PLENTY people are talking by bucket loads about this, so it's a common issue, rest assured!

4) GPS Fix takes longer, and actually even couldn't be done at one place I was at today, which admittedly had a big building one side of me, but nothing to the other side. Others are reporting longer fix times, and poorer signal strenght too elsewhere.

5) Need to keep setting chosen voice randomly but repeatedly sometimes when I switch on.

6) Volume control on the device now makes ZERO difference when using FM output - slide the slider to 10%, or slide the slider to 100%, it won;t affect the volume via FM output. What a bunch of you know whats you are TomTom.

Plus pretty much loads more.

Indeed, were I to be frank, and hazard a properly educated guess (I went to school sometimes you know), I would genuinely suspect that all that 7.481 is, from what I am reading elsewhere and in US forums etc, is a the same bug riddled, full of problems code, that 7.480 was (hence the ever so minor digit change), but with the BIG clear issue of no Voice Recognition for US users fixed as this was clearly a deal breaker and then some. As well as maybe one or two essential bug fixes from .480.

But other than that, the SAME bug riddled, issue fraught code that was 7.480, that TomTom eventually told us to hold of from using 'til the new version was out.

And guess what - the new version doesn't fix any of these OTHER issues.

Well done TomTom, my already rock bottom faith in your Customer Support has plumbed to record new lows.

Oh and it goes without saying, tomorrow, when I have free time, 7.221 will be winging it's way straight back onto my Go 720, and a snooty as hell follow up will be winging it's way on to TomTom!
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:

6) Volume control on the device now makes ZERO difference when using FM output - slide the slider to 10%, or slide the slider to 100%, it won;t affect the volume via FM output. What a bunch of you know whats you are TomTom.

Mine was doing this on 7.480 version, so this is not new to 7.481. Actually I see this as a benefit. If the sound is played through my radio, I adjust it through the radio volume controls which is what I would expect. Thus, I can retain a decent/comfortable volume level on the pnd when disconnected from FM output without having to readjust it.
daznsaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the new firmware work for the 910 or is it just the latest models??
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This update is for Go-x20 devices so don't try putting it on a 910 - Mike
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamplight wrote:
shadamehr wrote:

Mine was doing this on 7.480 version, so this is not new to 7.481. Actually I see this as a benefit. If the sound is played through my radio, I adjust it through the radio volume controls which is what I would expect. Thus, I can retain a decent/comfortable volume level on the pnd when disconnected from FM output without having to readjust it.

Two points...

1) NONE of my issues are a reflection of the change from just 7.480 to 7.481 in isolation. As you can see from my signature, and me reverting back to 7.221, they are moreover, a gripe to EXACTLY the effect you raise - that the issues 7.480 brought, have not even been resolved by 7.481, and that 7.221 is still the only version without the bugs.

2) If it somehow suits you, fine. But I don't think the rest of the populace is going to be too happy about reducing the volume slider on the device, and it having absolutely ZERO effect on the result. All well and good you say that it suits you, but as another more longer term bug is that FM volume is already too low, then what this means is that it is not possible to set it at a suitable level that means you are not DEAFENED when reverting back to proper car radio. Glad it suits you (seriously). But it doesn't suit the rest of the populace, else why have a control at all, if it does nothing.

Item 2 was especially notable yesterday when co-driving/delivering with my mate, and I was doing the sat-nav stuff. When talking to a traffic warden or whatever they call them now, through the window on his (driver's) side, I tried turning the volume down using the slider on the TomTom that was on my side so he could hear what he was saying. And it did absolutely diddly-squat, you'll be pleased to know.

I can't see how you can tell me that situation is desirable - it is not, and it is of course how I found this out, when HE had to use the fiddly radio controls (it's a very bland basic model) to turn it down, whilst trying to talk to the Warden about where to park.

Nope, not desirable at all, and not meant to happen at all *Laughing Out Loud*

EDIT:

I am also at a loss to understand how what you want to achieve, i.e using the RADIO VOLUME to adjust levels of sound, would in any way, shape or form, be affected, or prevented, if the slider on the TomTom DID actually worked for also adjusting volume.

How would the correct behaviour on the TomTom, affect your ability to simply use the RADIO to adjust the sound? All that would happen is that you'd have TT set to whatever you are happy with, say 80%, and leave it at that. Then you could still happily adjust sound levels up or down using the RADIO controls.

So how does TomTom working the way it is MEANT to, even manage to affect what you want to be able to do anyway?
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not implying that what you call 'correct behaviour' would affect my ability to adjust volume. I am simply stating that what you see as a bug is not one for me. I can perfectly accept that you and maybe others find it an inconvenience and that even the majority of people might see it as a bug to be repaired. If it is, I can accept that.

I was stating an opinion - without rewriting an essay on it - that for me it's more convenient. I am not trying to bludgeon someone into submission for daring to have a contrary point of view or to convert anyone to a cause
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point here with respect to the volume slider is one of inconsistency, you used to be able to adjust the volume via this control using Navcore 7,221 or earlier.
The 7,48 and newer releases have still made the volume control selectable but it does nothing, conversely if you use a Bluetooth HiFi audio output from the TomTom the volume slider does work in this mode of operation - Mike
nmbaker
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Latest update Reply with quote

Well, I can report that for the first time, I was sent the correct way home based on traffic at the time I go home. I have just seen, it reverts the route to the normal way home out of rush hour. If this is all it does, it will save me time. Positive feedback guys
TTCams latest 19/05/09 Traffic - live
SDHC 16GB
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest update Reply with quote

nmbaker wrote:
Positive feedback guys

Traitor!! (Only to be expected from somebody the wrong side of the Pennines). Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamplight wrote:
I'm not implying that what you call 'correct behaviour' would affect my ability to adjust volume. I am simply stating that what you see as a bug is not one for me. I can perfectly accept that you and maybe others find it an inconvenience and that even the majority of people might see it as a bug to be repaired. If it is, I can accept that.

I was stating an opinion - without rewriting an essay on it - that for me it's more convenient. I am not trying to bludgeon someone into submission for daring to have a contrary point of view or to convert anyone to a cause

No, not at all, you have my clear apologies for me sounding like a rant at you personally.

I would, without further fanning flames however, just like to re-iterate, that if the volume slider makes the same sound level on 100%, as it does on 10% (or even off), then that's a bug, clear and simple, and one that does not befall 7.221

It does affect BOTH .480 and .481 though, so obviously far too difficult for TT to fix *Laughing Out Loud*

Again sorry if it sounded as if it was a rant at you - especially as I have once chastened someone else for taking their actual ires at TomTom, out on the rest of us.

*Laughing Out Loud*

All the best mate.
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far i have not had many issues with 7.481 only traffic but begining to think maybe TT might not fix traffic but replace it with HD Traffic! But had no wait errors so far! But it fixed my powering off and connect to pc errors! So far touch wood!
algypan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7.481 is working fine for me I like the fact that the tomtom volume does not have to be increased for the radio because I used to always forget to turn it back down. as for the traffic it actually warned me of a delay on the M4 J32 before the local radio so that must be a first
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

algypan wrote:
as for the traffic it actually warned me of a delay on the M4 J32 before the local radio so that must be a first
Do you mean the lane closures and/or contraflow that's been there for about three centuries for the M4 widening? Did it warn you the delay would be 1 1/2 hours? Did you get delayed?

Forgive a cynical old man - that sounds too good to be true.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
algypan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an accident just into the conraflow and no I didnt get delayed as i turned off at the A470 but i could see that there was a fair old tailback on the M4
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone received an update from TomTom this one, I'm becoming very frustrated with their c??p support. Having issued the normal cut 'n' paste reply to my log, TomTom then insist that I supply them with serial number, products codes. At this point they then get me to confirm what the problem was, and eventually they confirmed the problem had been passed to 2nd line. I've supplied images of the problems, and asked for confirmation that they have been able to recreate the problem. They are now just changing the status to 'research' without any update. I have now updated the log three times and they just keep resetting the status without any update.

As the new 930's have been released, do we think that they are holding off with an fix and instead will release a NavCore 8 upgrade?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: