Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 6010 Problem Please Help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

6010 Problem Please Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmycricket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: 6010 Problem Please Help Reply with quote

Hi,

I have developed a problem with my rikaline 6010gps reciever, it is used in conjunction with a ipaq 5450 and tom tom 2.
Initially the setup became a little periodic when picking up the satelites so I did a hard reset and re-installed.

I installed the rikaline drivers(latest version from the website) and installed tt2 all ok. The problem is it now does not pick up any sattelites at all.

When I check the com number in the driver software it says com port 4, when tested it says com port 4 failed, also when com 4 is selected in the tt2 gps program the little black dotted line does not even initiate.

However when I switch to com port 1 in tt2 gps the little black dotted line goes back and forth ok but no sattelites are picked up. Althougth when testing com port 1 in the driver program it comes up with line break error in a big long list.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jimmy.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the driver program - you shouldn't need it. Like all serial GPS mice, it should be on COM1.

If you have any plug-in keyboard drivers you have installed, you need to make sure they're disabled to use a serial GPS like your Rikaline.

If you haven't already tried this, choose NMEA 0183v2 4800 and COM1: in the TomTom GPS driver (you will have to select the second tab to change these options, and untick the blue box at the top left - make sure you tap it to select it again when you've finished.).

The only thing I can suggest beyond that is leave the vehicle stationary with TomTom Navigator running for at least 45 minutes. Do make sure that the GPS has a clear view of the sky, and that it's not affected by a heated windscreen or similar (you could try temporarily putting the GPS on the roof, seeing as you're parked up when trying this).

If there's nothing after a couple of hours, it's almost certain that the GPS itself has broken, assuming that you have scrolling dots in the TomTom GPS driver, and some kind of time and date display above the bars on the same GPS driver screen (even if it's not correct).

David
Jimmycricket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply David I will give this a try when I get home from work.
Carll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the little green light on the 6010 change from steady on (Locating satalites) to one flash every few seconds (Updating, and locked onto satalites)? if so then there is nothing wrong with the 6010.
Jimmycricket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Carll, The light does change to flashing once every other second or so.
Jimmycricket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Well I have tried the suggestions but unfortunatly have had no joy. I changed the receiver to NMEA 0183v2 4800 (I also tried several others which had the same results) the little black dotted lines runs happily to and thro but alas no sattellites are picked up. I have had the reciever out on the roof of the car for hours on end, the little green lights flashes on this every second. Do you think it could be the connection on the cable that plugs into the Ipaq that is at fault as It was pretty tight on the dashboard when it was working, or does the little black dotted line moving prove that this is ok. Thanks again for all your help.
Jimmy.
Jimmycricket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking about the flashing light on the reciever, When it was working the green light did flash every other second or so, but now it does not have a long period where it is steady on, just about 2-3 secs then it flashes EVERY SECOND which is faster thean I recall it used to do. Does anyone know if this is significant or am I just clutching at straws.
Kind regards,
Jimmy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: