Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - traffic on 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

traffic on 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecotrojan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my reply is for anyone searching the web to get there handset to work on three PAYG not contract.

Just spoke to three, explained that my Tomtom 720 connects via bluetooth to my Nokia e51 without a problem.

I explained that I have the plus services enabled but the data connection keeps failing.

After 5 mins on the phone with the call centre in India, the guy puts me on hold and upon his return announces to me that only three CONTRACTs can get the plus services to work.

So anyone on PAYG three like me, who bought the internet addon and the Mobile broadband is well and truly paddling up chocolate creek.

Luckily I can use another provider but I did emphasise to the guy that I was somewhat dismayed that I had paid for the addons for multiple purposes (one being the PLUS services) and that quite frankly it was a ridiculous block for PAYG customers as its revenue they are missing out on.

To be honest, im more than happy with three where I live, they are the only provider that can give me UMTS at present.

Just thought anyone who comes in the future would like to know,

Matt
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At what part of the set up are you having problems. I have set up 3 PAYG phones previously and have been told the E51 gets data so it can be done.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
hexhome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Nokia 6120 Classic with TT720 Reply with quote

Thanks to Ians' instructions I have now been able to use the data connection. Traffic information works well and data appears to be included in the 3 Silver X £5.00 package. I have found that I have to switch the phone off and on in order to fire up the data connection.
Less succesful has been the hands free usage with this phone. I can usually (not always) call out succesfully, but nearly everytime I answer an incoming call, there is no audio in or out.
The phonebook transfered OK after a few attempts, but there is no text capability.
All in all I would not recommend this phone for use with the TT720.

Clive
TT720 V7.221
carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Anyone having TomTom Plus problems? Reply with quote

Ok, I used to have a Nokia 6120 on 3 and following the instructions in this thread got the Plus services working fine. I upgraded my phone to the Nokia N95 8GB also on 3 and again followed the instructions in this thread and was again working fine. This was about 6 weeks ago. Since then I have not used my TomTom 720 until yesterday and I now find it won't work. I have deleted and set up the phone again using the instructions and it all sets up fine but when I try to test the Plus services by checking the weather, it fails trying to get a data connection. No matter what I do it just won't get a data connection.

Can anyone help or confirm if there are problems using Plus on the 3 network these days?
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone having TomTom Plus problems? Reply with quote

carcuscrae wrote:
Ok, I used to have a Nokia 6120 on 3 and following the instructions in this thread got the Plus services working fine. I upgraded my phone to the Nokia N95 8GB also on 3 and again followed the instructions in this thread and was again working fine. This was about 6 weeks ago. Since then I have not used my TomTom 720 until yesterday and I now find it won't work. I have deleted and set up the phone again using the instructions and it all sets up fine but when I try to test the Plus services by checking the weather, it fails trying to get a data connection. No matter what I do it just won't get a data connection.

Can anyone help or confirm if there are problems using Plus on the 3 network these days?

Open up the web browser on the Nokia. You may get a warning page from 3 about 'do you want to continue?' press yes then access a normal web page (such as google). Close the web browser then fire up TomTom. The traffic connection should work now. You may have to repeat this after a few days. Works for me!!
carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't work unfortunately
Photopuppet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All types of data work fine on 3 network, pre and post-pay, including Tomtom traffic...

The only problem is just that Tomtom have screwed up the GPRS access script for 3 and haven't fixed it yet.

Just try to set up as usual, but it will reach around 60% and not go any further.

Wait until this times out and asks you to enter manual settings. This can take a very long time, so just leave it a while...

OK everything until you get to the final string (includes text like cgdcont etc.), which you should delete and then OK again.

Now it will work fine! Very Happy
n0mis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this to work with my Sony Ericsson K610i on 3 with the wireless broadband option on my tarif, but I had to use slightly different settings:

username and password both left blank
auto assigned IP address and DNS
Dial set to *99***1#
Login script left blank

I'd tried various other combinations before that, none of which worked, so hope that helps out any other K610i (or other SE) users out there.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: