Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - You have been warned. Problem with Go720. refund wanted
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

You have been warned. Problem with Go720. refund wanted

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uknaughtydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: You have been warned. Problem with Go720. refund wanted Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the looking in.

Saturday 22 Mr 08 (bank hol weekend) I spent over £200 on a TomTom Go 720.

It worked effortlessly out of the box. Excellent functionality, ease of use. 10 out of 10. I could even overlook the fact that TomTom seem totally incapable of ever getting the fuel stations POI in the right place (that really annoys me, how difficult is it to sort that out, for F sake)

On day 2 (today, sunday 23 March) whilst tying to make a phone call from the unit, the internal speaker of the TomTom Go sounded as if it would explode. The unit was physically shaking and any attempt to reduce volume only reduced the vibration a bit, the quality was close to 0%. Tried turning unit on and off several times. Tried turning phone and unit on & off, then re-pairing the 2 devices. Still same very loud vibration. Has to be witnessed to understand how bad it is.

The problem started when running the unit from battery, but i don't see why that should be of any significance whatsoever?

I'm really cheesed off with my Tomtom 720, not because it's rubbish.
Far from rubbish it's brilliant; but the internal speaker vibration flaw is TOTALLY unacceptable from Tomtom, it renders the unit unusable.

It is my duty to tell others of this problem before they buy, only thing amazes me is how more Go 720 users have not witnessed these problems.

Question: If i'm the only one or in the minority then can i take it back to the shop and get a replacement unit or my money back?

I'm not happy at all.
This could be a great product but my unit has serious problems.
Any advice/ insight would be very grateful.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep the conversation going in the thread you have already started and been replied to. It makes finding info much easier that way.
Brodit ProClip mount
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
Please keep the conversation going in the thread you have already started and been replied to. It makes finding info much easier that way.
Thanks. I'll Lock this one.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: