Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help !! - Speed cameras have disappeared from my TT1 XL.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help !! - Speed cameras have disappeared from my TT1 XL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Help !! - Speed cameras have disappeared from my TT1 XL. Reply with quote

Hi all, long time no post.

I have a problem, in that my Speed Cameras have disappeared from my TT1 XL.

I dont know how it has happened but I suspect it may have been an update.

I have tried going through TT plus services / safety cameras enable / disable options, yet still I cannot rertieve them.

I've even updated through TT HOME the databases but still, not visable.

I have done the factory resets both on the screen and the pin through the reset hole at the bottom, still no joy.

Something says it is either faulty or something stupid has turned it off, with me yet to figure out how to turn them back on.

You guys are my last resort !
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking TomTom cameras or the Pocketgpsworld ones?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
TRO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dennis.

The factory installed TomTom ones have gone.
rover220
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO wrote:
Hi Dennis.

same happened to me first time i used home to update with the latest map garuntee, i just use the pgps ones now.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO wrote:
Hi Dennis.

I'm awfully sorry, but I don't know how to get them back for you. Crying or Very sad

Reason is I don't use them myself, because they are so poor. I use the pocketgpsworld ones and have done so for three years now, on various different TomToms. May I recommend them to you?

I suspect you have not subscribed to TomTom for your cameras, or probably you'd have received a full set again when connected to TT Home and/or the Traffic service through your mobile phone.

If I'm correct, then getting the PGPSW cameras is a matter of becoming a subscribed member - £19 for a year. Then you can get the cameras any time you like AND get updates to them very regularly - at least once a month, often twice a month. These cameras also include mobile camera sites. We have an incredibly good system for keeping them up to date and accurate. You've already got a computer, so you've got everything you need to do it and if you can work the computer to get into this forum, you're clever enough to learn how to do it. And if you did by some chance lose them, you'd simply download them again and re-install them - if you get nearly as good at it as I am, you can do the job in a few minutes (as good at it would mean blindfold and one hand behind your back, but that's only for fat old men like me, the rest of you have to struggle). Laughing

TRO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis,

Many thanks.

I do have a 12 month subscription to the camera database with tomtom which runs until Aug, yet even that is not fixing it !!!!

Sad
Johnny_D
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO wrote:
Dennis,

Many thanks.

I do have a 12 month subscription to the camera database with tomtom which runs until Aug, yet even that is not fixing it !!!!

Sad

Call TomTom?

You have paid for there (incredibly poor database in my opinion) Then I would get them to sort it out!

JD
Bloody Superb PGPSW Camera Database.
Not much else!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny_D wrote:
TRO wrote:
Dennis,

Many thanks.

Sad

Call TomTom?

You have paid for there (incredibly poor database in my opinion) Then I would get them to sort it out!

JD

Sorry TRO, somehow I just assumed you had already tried calling TT. Johhny is right, they really MUST support you if you've got a current subscription with them. Their number in the UK is 0845 161 0009. They are closed for Easter until 8am Tuesday (that's another difference between us and them - somehow, there's always somebody awake on here).

You could also try their website. You need to try the Support page and go to the bottom of their standard top answers (which never seem to apply to your problem!) then there is a place you can use to contact them and can write your problem down. It can be a bit difficult to get through, I'm afraid. They'll also not be dealing with it until after Easter Monday and they often go through a whole series of auto-generated responses to which you have to reply that they have not answered your question.

How much do safety cameras mean to you? For £19, you could have our database running on your device, complete with a nice lady shouting "Look out, there's a speed camera 400 yards away, speed 30mph" before you set off to take the kids to the beach for the day.

TRO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

There is already an email winging its way to TT and I'll call them too next week !!!

I'll consider your option too, guys. I'll just try to see if I get what I paid for by TT to be sorted first .
erikthecat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: i have the opposite problem:) Reply with quote

hi , sorry to hijack the thread, but i have the opposite problem:)
i have the database, and would like to ensure that the tomtom system is removed from my machine.
would i be right in thinking all i have to do is uncheck the option in tom tom home?
if it's something else that i need to do please advise,
many thanks for your time,
regards,
GaRy:)
map we 710.1561
rds-tmc v4.00.013 (replacement)
rover220
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: i have the opposite problem:) Reply with quote

erikthecat wrote:
hi , sorry to hijack the thread, but i have the opposite problem:)
i have the database, and would like to ensure that the tomtom system is removed from my machine.
would i be right in thinking all i have to do is uncheck the option in tom tom home?
if it's something else that i need to do please advise,
many thanks for your time,
regards,
GaRy:)

thats basically what i did yes.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: i have the opposite problem:) Reply with quote

erikthecat wrote:

Home menu page 2, click on Remove items from my GO.

But DO backup/copy first though - you never know, you might want to put them back on again some day (e.g. if you sell the device).

TRO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution from TomTom

There is a rogue problem !!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Right, Firstly.

In windows - START - MY DOCUMENTS - TOMTOM - HOME - DOWNLOADS.................Empty everything in there.

Then....

TOMTOM HOME - PAGE 2 - REMOVE ITEMS - SPEED CAMERAS - SELECT CAMERAS - EMPTY.

Then...download subscription as normal.

This works as I have done a test drive past several cameras. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO wrote:

Right, Firstly.

In windows - START - MY DOCUMENTS - TOMTOM - HOME - DOWNLOADS.................Empty everything in there.

That seems to be a standard solution... that is also what you have to do if it refuses to download MapShare corrections.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: