Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toneloc427 wrote:
dhn-

Any luck sorting out the NA VR issue? All I can do is report that mine is broken as well...

A user in North America replaced the mapsettings.cfg file after the 7.48 update with one backed up for with the 7.221 firmware update and got the VR to work again with the 7.48 firmware.

Apparentl, TT Support (NA) is aware that the firmware update broke VR and said a new firmware update to resolve the problem will be released next week.

That's all I know
mrsmith76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely no problems for me. Some things from Navcore 8 are in there such as the updated speed/speed limit highlighting which is a lot clearer. I never seem to have issues with any new updates!
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
shadamehr wrote:
So can anyone tell me HOW you do that?

Easy - restore the Windows Explorer backup you did before downloading the update.

OR contact TomTom, tell them you didn't do a backup and ask them to give you the previous App.

Thanks Dennis (Genuinely so).

I never realised it was that simple - I thought an App update was Flash based or something.

Never realised a simple file replacement of the method you indicate would do the trick.

So cheers.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the reasons we all advocate the regimented discipline of using backups, make a back up before any upgrade then you have the option to roll back when it doesn't live up to expectations - Mike
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverting back as we speak now - too much about the new version NOT to like just yet alas.

Thanks Dennis, and Mike.

Last edited by shadamehr on Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic bar is wider with a mini pointer at bottom, this dont change if you have a custom pointer still remains a mini blue default pointer, Laughing Out Loud guess i was expecting too much. The TMC reception does seem much improved, in my truck today and picked it up in the yard normally i need to travel 10 to 15 miles south of Banbury before i get reception! hitting southern section of M25 latter report back when i have info on this TMC blackspot!

One minor problem tho is i wanted to find a local petrol station, i selected the poi group (default tomtom ones) and all i got was a message saying please wait, tried other poi and all did same thing even my own ones! but the poi's where showing on map! this was cured by reset! and works fine now.

Units overall volume seems slightly lower not majorly just a bit!
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing from banbury to Gatwick along the southern M25 not a single loss of TMC signal! what an improvement where you really need it! I've worked out the figure under the left side of the show traffic on route map is the possible delay time in minutes eg 9.1m! i say possible because i had 9.1m where the M25 hard shoulder was coned off but there was no real delay! one point there was a lorry fire on opersit side of motorway but it showed as narrow lanes! but that could be TMC issue i guess! Very impressed and its worth keeping this update for this improvement alone in my eyes!
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall Good to see you up nice and early doing field tests. I shall upgrade my 520T when its 100%. Until then I'll just see how you get along as you do bigger delivers then I do. Very Happy
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud i'll be interested on next stage of route Gatwick to Oxford at 8am ish see how delays look then! I'll be the 3663 driver crying lolol what they say in Terminator 'the future is not set' on the M25 at 8am it is you just sit and wait Laughing Out Loud
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
Laughing Out Loud i'll be interested on next stage of route Gatwick to Oxford at 8am ish see how delays look then! I'll be the 3663 driver crying lolol what they say in Terminator 'the future is not set' on the M25 at 8am it is you just sit and wait Laughing Out Loud

At least its FREE parking on the M25 (at the moment unless Ken Livingston gets his claws into charging us) Rolling Eyes
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just imagine 2hrs free then £2.50 per quarter hour pray for no accidents, or roadworks! Well still got TMC makes me wonder what they have done maybe now searches by smaller steps! say .02 instead of say .25 maybe!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
I've worked out the figure under the left side of the show traffic on route map is the possible delay time in minutes eg 9.1m!

Ah! I don't pay much attention, I thought it was the distance to the problem or the length of it in miles. Anyway, I'm off to Nottingham at 10am, M5, M42 etc, so I'll see how it goes. Good old Radio 5 Live.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Denis distance and time to incident shown at very top of screen! thats what gave it away said distance 14miles time to incident 17mins then below map said 9.1m they could have been clearer! eg mins? but sussed now Laughing Out Loud
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes all my praising new TMC just done Gatwick to M40 TMC only reported a delay at Oxford thought i'd be complaining! but NO DELAY on M25! and still kept signal all the wy! lucky day guess lorry fire keeping traffic back plus schools closed must help! Well so far TMC is much much better, my old Navman T1 was better but since update Tomtom have worked wonders! I was starting to question TMC ever working effectivly and my purchase was a waste of time and money! Now i remain open minded! time will tell! So far most improved feature in update! Unless HD Traffic offers many new features i:m sticking with this why pay subscription?
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
Rolling Eyes all my praising new TMC just done Well so far TMC is much much better, my old Navman T1 was better but since update Tomtom have worked wonders! i:m sticking with this why pay subscription?

Thanks for reminding me mikewall. Next time I go off on a decent long delivery, I'll take my Navman F30 and run it alongside my 520T and see what the results are.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 5 of 26

Jump to: