Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Route 66 Ver 8 for PocketPC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Route 66 Ver 8 for PocketPC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graemesimpson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Route 66 Ver 8 for PocketPC Reply with quote

Just been speaking to Route 66 support on an issue with Version 7 (PPC) and they have informed me that hopefully within the month, definitely no later than 2 months, Version 8 for PPC will be released and this will incorporate maps from Q2.2007

Looking forward to it :-)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure about the Q2 2007 date? - that will put the maps nearly 12 months old when released which is not good - Mike
tj80
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Upgrade from 7? Reply with quote

Wonder what the chances of a free update from Navigator 7 would be! Navigator 7 doesn't work on WM6, despite being advertised as "2003 or later" and is full of bugs. I had to downgrade my phone from WM6 to WM5 just to get it running. Not impressed at all - frankly I should have returned it for a refund as it's not fit for purpose. Whilst it was nice to be able to actually speak to someone in support they were as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Cheers,
Tim
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, What phone are you having trouble with, I have Route 66 running quite happily on the HTC P3300 Artemis which has WM6 installed, so it will work but the problem could be device (or even ROM) specific - Mike
tj80
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a T-Mobile Vario 2 (which is an HTC Hermes). It originally had WM5 but I installed the official T-Mobile WM6 upgrade ROM. R66 worked OK(ish) with the version provided on the CD but the updated version (7.0.3489) downloaded from support doesn't - the blue status bar which normally shows the directions, distance, etc doesn't draw. For example, if I go into a menu then exit to the map the area where the status bar should be doesn't redraw and ends up just showing the bottom part of the last menu I was in!

Spoke to support several times and all they could say was "reinstall". Eventually they said WM6 wasn't supported and I would have to run WM5 - that's a fob off given that all their material states "2003 or later" and the release notes for the exe updates even include some patches for WM6!

Cheers,
Tim
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same problem originally with the R66 install on the Artemis running WM6 but I re-installed the application vs7.0.2834 and I have not had a problem since. Note the version I am using is much earlier - I could update it but as it works I choose not to bother until there is a major update like vs8 (if and when) - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: