Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera submissions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera submissions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kissinuk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Camera submissions Reply with quote

Hi,
How long does it normally take for a camera submission to appear in the database?

I submitted a new mobile camera on 4th Feb (Lat:52.504323613171, Lon:-0.49213171005249 ) complete with URL for getting official confirmation.

Plus I confirmed a sighting of ID41952 and gave a URL for the local police that confirms they still use this site!

So far neither of these are reflected on the Google map on the site.

Last edited by kissinuk on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can take from a few weeks to months, unlike Gatso and other fixed cameras, mobiles can only be confirmed by a verifier if the camera van is in operation at the location or others have also comfirmed that they have seen a van in that location.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll take a look on monday...
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera submissions Reply with quote

kissinuk wrote:
I submitted a new mobile camera on 4th Feb (Lat:52.504323613171, Lon:-0.49213171005249 ) complete with URL for getting official confirmation.

comments mentioned "It is part of the community speed watch scheme"

we don't include these - just ones you can get fined from

kissinuk wrote:

Plus I confirmed a sighting of ID41952 and gave a URL for the local police that confirms they still use this site!

yes, we received it. mobile sites are not made 'active' until there have been multiple submissions of sightings and/or a visit from a verifier.

MaFt
kissinuk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Camera submissions Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
kissinuk wrote:

comments mentioned "It is part of the community speed watch scheme"

we don't include these - just ones you can get fined from

kissinuk wrote:

yes, we received it. mobile sites are not made 'active' until there have been multiple submissions of sightings and/or a visit from a verifier.

MaFt

Hi thanks for the reply - with regards to the 1st camera - you certainly can be fined by this one! The community scheme set up a temporary sign that displays your speed, however this is now removed and the van does indeed return. Somebody from work was caught by it last November. Will keep my eye out for it appearing on the police website and let you know again.

As for the 2nd one - how many is 'multiple' surely my confirmation makes it more than one? Add to that the link I sent you:-

http://www.corbypolice.co.uk/default.asp?action=article&ID=2122

Look at 14th, 29th, 30th & 31st March - all of them list A427 Upper Benefield. If that isn't confirmation enough then I give up!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a Web Based Statement counts as a 'sighting', as it doesn't give a specific location.

Did you read the disclaimer?

Quote:
Disclaimer
Although we endeavour to attend all the listed sites on the day, there
will be occasions when we will be unable to follow the schedule exactly.
We may also attend other locations not listed, primarily in response to
requests from local residents concerned about speeding in their
community.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry - should have said 'multiple FURTHER sightings' - ie more than one extra sighting from the initial submission.

actual numbers required depends on proximity to the initial submission as well as how detailed the submission comments are.

MaFt
kissinuk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
I don't think a Web Based Statement counts as a 'sighting', as it doesn't give a specific location.

But it says "A427 Upper Benefield", this is a tiny little village so there's not many places for the van to go!!! Plus the "web statement" is from the official Corby Police site, the very people that drive the van! Would you like me to go there on one of the days listed and take a photo? That is perfectly possible.

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit abrupt but I really want this camera added to the main mobile list as I drive past the thing several time a month. It seems ridiculous that I have given as much evidence as you could get from the most reliable source and it's still not good enough.

And for the record I have no idea who originally submitted this so I'm not trying to get anything from it.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I drive past the thing several time a month.

Then just submit the date and time and exact location each time you see it under Mobile Seen Again. Everytime you see it.

Photos and such don't proove anything. Actual sightings are what is asked for. The other problem is it's all very well for a Partnership to list their sites but they don't tell you when they stop using it. The point of submitting a camera everytime it's seen is to build up a picture of Active sites and not just those listed as possible sites.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: