Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: TT Support Reply with quote

After asking a question in this forum about how I could relate real roads to TT type road categories , Lutz explained that TT so far have been unwilling to provide this information. I decided I would persue this directly with TT - this is where my problems really started.

I logged onto the web site and followed the links for support. I saw a FAQ list which didn't answer my question so I thought I would ask them a question of my own - I couldn't see how to do this.

So my next thought was that I would simply send an email to their support group - no email address on the web site.

Reaching 50% psssed off level I decided to ring the company direct. I rang continually through one day and most of the next. Of all those calls most were answered with the engaged tone. Those that were not engaged took me through to the support line which rang for a minute or so , at which point a voice tells me that all support people are busy so ring back - this was followed by me being cut off without any opportunity to leave a message, go back to the operator or ...

In two days I managed to get this far on four occasions in dozens of attempts.

To quote Gerard Hoffnung ( for those who remember him and the Bricklayer story) - 'at this point I must have lost my presence of mind' so finally I decided to ring the TT operator direct. I explained to her that support was engaged and kept disconnecting me so she advised that I go on line. She said there was an FAQ list which answered ALL the questions. I explained that it didn't answer mine which she clearly failed to understand continuing to suggest I try the web site again and 'really check' the FAQ list.

Eventually she got the message - I wanted to ask MY question - not their question - ah!! She said I need to talk to support - at which point she patched me through and after 1 minute I was cut off again.

I am now 100% off.

Maybe I am unlucky but I am beginning to suspect that they are really incapable of running a professional company and supporting their product.

I cannot help feeling that at 49euros for a 'major' upgrade with new maps they must be buying the cheapest maps going from TeleAtlas. Personally I would pay more for a better quality map with performance capable of using TT in my motorhome but frankly now I am not convinced that it is able to satisfy that market.

I am going to ditch TT and anyone reading this who has a large vehicle - Motorhome, Lorry/Truck etc should , in my view, look for a different product - TT simply isn't up to the job.

Roy
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: TT Support Reply with quote

RoyC wrote:
I logged onto the web site and followed the links for support. I saw a FAQ list which didn't answer my question so I thought I would ask them a question of my own - I couldn't see how to do this.

after logging in to my tomtom, you are required to at least do a search and open a question before an option 'send an e-mail' would become available. but i agree, their support site needs some getting used to. maybe i've been lucky but all my questions have gotten replies in 48hrs or so.
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a4ace

Thank you for that.

I had simply not seen that facet of the operation of the FAQ list.

I have now sent a message to TT using that mechanism. I am still off with them and agree that the site needs sorting but I am sorry if I 'went off on one' unfairly.

Thanks for your help.

Roy
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am sorry if I 'went off on one' unfairly.

I don't think you were unfair. If you were ringing an 0800 number then fair enough, but paying for the privilege of being constantly cut off is no joke!
goran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am now 100% off.

Me too. I will throw all their maps in the garbage. I have received upgrade but TNT wants an Invoice from me because they did not put it in the package.

I also can not log into mytomtom. I am receiving their newsletters but this email is not valid in mytomtom Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

So what shell I do? To write them to info@tomtom.com?
davewave1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to get answers from support about a car cradle for the Dell X3 (promised for the end of Feb) but I think they have made access as difficult as possible now as they are beseiged with problems. They have simply shut the door now and don't want to know.
goran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree. But unfortunately they did not shut the door for the money!!!
goran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyC

Quote:
anyone reading this who has a large vehicle - Motorhome

I am using it in a motorhome. Are you talking about maps or about GPS unit? I have no problems in motorhome.
Regards,
Goran

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: