Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin Support and Feedback
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin Support and Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these already active? The url viamichelin.be refers to http://www.viamichelin.be/viamichelin/fra/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm without any link to the Dutch (Flemish) version. The Dutch flag goes to the site of The Netherlands. On assumes that there is only one language in BE or French is the main language. In fact 60% of the Belgian people speaks Dutch (Flemish). Languages are a delicate matter in BE. As result we still don't have a federal government after more than 180 days after elections.

Deepfour wrote:
Yep the errors with other languages are being addressed, we have different sites in different languages throughout Europe and occasionally someone forgets and puts the wrong link!!

Cheers

Stu
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote Perussell on another thread

Quote:
So let's not "Kill the Goose that laid the Golden Egg". We have a good forum here, educated opinion and feedback and an invaluable English speaking link direct to the software developers.

I've been 'off forum' for a while due to work commitments but for the last 2 or 3 weeks my Content Manager has been 'broken'. My device was still working fine though so I wasn't too pushed. I registered a call with the support centre by phone and with a promise of a ring back I sat back and waited. And waited. And .......

Eventually I sent a PM to Stu which resulted in a call back from support a couple of days later. I'd already decided I would have to reinstall v6 and work back up but wanted it confirmed in case there was an easier way. A nice young lady called Lara confirmed my thoughts and offered a couple of tips and away I went. 3 hours later and I am now back in business. We know there are a few niggles still existing but they are gradually getting ironed out like the setpixel problem. I still can't get the tourist routes to appear in Content Manager.

The point of this post is to echo the positive feedback recieved from others here regarding the exceptional link we have to Stu and his colleagues which must be unique in the sat nav customer service world.

Many thanks Stu and team, and to everyone here that make this community so useful First
kingcrabthethird
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok , patch 7.03 installed , and speed camera info updated !

good work deepfour , and you have won a well earned 1 day of rest , so to you and all other forum users , merry xmas
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu
Got my new X970T just before I left for Switzerland pre Christmas. I have been running it side by side with my existing device to compare. Certainly the mapping is more up to date! I am making a comparison list between the two and will hope to report my likes/dislikes of both idc. Meanwhile I'm on the way home - currently in Metz and have not been led a astray by either yet - apart from a small hiccup when the 970 froze on a roundabout and I took the wrong exit! Ended up saving lots of tolls for the next 100 or so miles as I carried on, on the N roads from Colmar...

Re the 7.03 patch - if I install that does it cover any former patches -- in other words, is that all I need to install to get up to date Question

Second ?? re the Speed limit warnings - these are important but very annoying when I wander 1kph above the speed limit and get a constant earful. Have now turned them off but not found out if I can still have the visual warnings with a chime but not the bossy woman telling me what to do? Rolling Eyes

Love the Motorway option! Wink

If you are too busy, I'm sure another member will put me right. Thanks,
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingcrabthethird wrote:
ok , patch 7.03 installed , and speed camera info updated !

good work deepfour , and you have won a well earned 1 day of rest , so to you and all other forum users , merry xmas

Done that! All worked successfully (even with fingers crossed). I take it that I am now fully up to date. Also updated the speed cams and some other bits and pieces. Echo the good work, Stu.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember which thread it was in but some of us (maybe all) were getting Content Manager saying that the VM camera database was November, whilst the website said the latest download available was December.

I noticed that a few days ago this changed on CM to December whilst the website said the same (albeit in January) and I thought, great it's sorted.

I've noticed today that CM says December and the website says 1/2008.

Have I missed something? Confused
Graham-P
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
I can't remember which thread it was in but some of us (maybe all) were getting Content Manager saying that the VM camera database was November, whilst the website said the latest download available was December.

I noticed that a few days ago this changed on CM to December whilst the website said the same (albeit in January) and I thought, great it's sorted.

I've noticed today that CM says December and the website says 1/2008.

Have I missed something? Confused

I remember that thread too. However, I read the two dates as follows:-

VM Website (01/2008) as the date the latest camera database became available and CM (December) as the date of the camera database.

Would that be logical Idea
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so as I'm sure at one point the months were the same in both places, but I stand to be corrected.
irishetcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just got a ViaMichelin X 980T last week.

(I know the wrong time to buy anything from this crowd. I only found out latterly that they said that they were getting out of the business and then announced that they will co-brand with Navigon)

Anyway I have the GPS up and running and by and large it seems OK. I am using it here in Ireland were GPS is a little more tricky as we don't use Post Codes. All the discrepancies aside there are two things that stand out like a sore thumb and I am looking for feedback on how the said features fair in other jurisdictions namely the UK and France, where I will be traveling this Summer.

I notice that when looking for Car Parks the GPS tends to fall short of the destination for the Car park. It seems to be pointing at the actual blue road sign with the P. This seems to be the case in the known examples I have tested. The text given to describe these goes like this " Car Park X off X Street. The navigation does not bring the driver to the actual entrance of the car park.

The other feature which functions far worse are the locations of petrol Stations. Our local is pin pointed about a quarter of a mile the wrong way along the road. This is not great if the GPS takes you to a junction near the location and takes the driver to the right to the virtual pumps as opposed to the left to the real pumps. I suppose that if the journey is straight —no turns left or right— I suppose the driver will happen on the petrol station anyway, but this defeats the purpose as we generally wouldn't miss a petrol station with its big lumicking canopy. Other abnormalities of this are named service stations turning up in towns five miles away.

I am interested to hear if there is more accuracy with these features in other countries.

Also I have been used the Content Manager to update the GPS. What is the advantage program I hear people talking about?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Advantage program was where you paid a fee about £70 which gave 2 years of Map updates. Very good value. Only problem is the links to this have now disappeared and VM have said nothing about what's happening with the people who have already paid. Twisted Evil
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem with mine in finding car parks Crying or Very sad In our town centre we have quite a number of car parks both multi storey and open parks, yet the Device will only find one.
As far as petrol stations go, it seems OK. While travelling in France over Christmas, when I needed one, I was given a wide variety of them with varying distances and directions. Here at home it seems reasonably accurate but hasn't been tested.
vizzair
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I got my 750T at new year I was disapointed with some of the content. Notably shops and petrol stations.
I discovered the POI's from this this forum much better http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=POIs

This provided all the supermarkets and petrol stations that are missing from the viamichelin content manager. ( some have been around over 25years )

Apart from the odd glitch in navigation, I have found this unit to be the bst PND for the price around, and I am very sad that viaMichelin are leaving the market.
irishetcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers thanks for the link.

From what I know though Michelin are going to co-brand with Navigon so they are not so gone. Apart from the advantage program being discontinued it looks like business as usual at the ViaMichelin site.

I noticed this as well. I bought my X 980T from Dabs.ie. Just after I recieve the delivery the Dabs site marked the X 980T as discontinued. I looked like I got the last unit from them except this week it is back in stock again.

It may very week be the case that even though Michelin aren't directly making PNDs, they may continue to support legacy hardware in co-operation with Navigon.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

irishetcher wrote:
Cheers thanks for the link.

From what I know though Michelin are going to co-brand with Navigon so they are not so gone. Apart from the advantage program being discontinued it looks like business as usual at the ViaMichelin site.

From what anyone can tell the co-branding will only happen in France so we may never get to see the cobranded devices and be left with the legacy products. It's yet to be annouced what is happening with any software patches ect. Don't get me wrong I love my 980t but I'm just annoyed that VM are saying nothing about future plans. If you go to the website it does indead look like business as usual, but that could be just a ploy to shift more GPS units.
Drifter47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irishetcher wrote:
I notice that when looking for Car Parks the GPS tends to fall short of the destination for the Car park. It seems to be pointing at the actual blue road sign with the P. This seems to be the case in the known examples I have tested. The text given to describe these goes like this " Car Park X off X Street. The navigation does not bring the driver to the actual entrance of the car park.

I do not know where I had originally seen it, maybe here on GPSW, but sometime last year I thought I saw something about VM devices receiving transmssions from a central car park control room. The idea was that you search the show car parks option and it listed not only what was nearby but also how many parking spaces werre available in real time. You would then make your choice and the device would guide you to it. Pity if it was just VMs idea as I cannot see that being progressed outside of France as I think it was a joint program with the Vinci Park group. Brilliant idea though - shame on VM for not staying the course. Those b....y bean counters!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: