Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Andy have you tried a download from home rather than the "alternate" location, some companies IT departments can kill a download automatically if above a certain size? - I wouldn't even bother browsing the net any longer where I am, its easier using the phone - Mike

I'm at home now...
The ones done at work all completed OK first time, just were fairly slow. Today's problem wasn't TT's fault at all. I'd left the download location as My Documents on that particular machine and I ran out of space because of some large audio files that I needed to leave where they were.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A watched pot never boils!!
Either that or it must have heard us talking about it...

I went and did something else for 10 mins, came back and it had done. Now copying to a 4GB SDHC card, ALSO rather slowly!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All finished and installed...
I was just going to post the final size reported (it's 1898.2MB according to Home), and happened to spot one TEENY detail I'd missed.

They've given me Western and Central Europe instead!
How unobservant is that, I've been staring at it all day and not spotted that. Embarassed

At least it explains why the sizes didn't match what others were expecting!

But it means it's over to you now, Pete.... Wink
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
All finished and installed...
I was just going to post the final size reported (it's 1898.2MB according to Home), and happened to spot one TEENY detail I'd missed.

They've given me Western and Central Europe instead!
How unobservant is that, I've been staring at it all day and not spotted that. Embarassed

At least it explains why the sizes didn't match what others were expecting!

But it means it's over to you now, Pete.... Wink

What is the version and build number?
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, I'm chuffed for you I really am. Do you think that others will get this download or are you just the lucky one because you pestered them so often. I checked last night and got the same old message...'you ain't havin it mate' Mad
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a sneaky, greedy person, I deleted one of my 720's map v710 folder (obtained by previous harassment of TT) and reloaded the v705 map. Then went into Home and said Gimme the Latest Map Guarantee. And the rat said "there's a more recent map but you have run out of entitlement (Or something), so you can't have it, but you can buy it". So I went away to brood!!

I have today suddenly realised Andy did it through the Update my GO Icon, not latest map guarantee, so I'll try again, using Update instead. I really deserve the Western & Central Europe map!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infama... It's Western and Central Europe v710.1561

Ive noticed already that some of the corrections I made with Mapshare are going to have to be done all over again. They've not been corrected by TeleAtlas. And more annoyingly, TomTom haven't shared the Mapshare corrections from v705 or the WE version with themselves!

pete.... As for why I got it, to be honest, I think it WAS because I kept hassling. I got a reply to my long-running question saying:
Quote:
The issue surrounding the map has been resolved quite a while ago. We saw however on your account that you have still not managed to get the map through the map guarantee procedure. We have therefore assigned the map to your Tom Tom account. You will now be able to download and install this map using Tom Tom HOME.

So it looks like they just gave it to me to make me happy, no mention of all the times they said it would be given to everyone.

Incidently, as Dennis says, the map appeared in the "check for updates" section of Home (where the quickGPSFix and Mapshare corrections appear), NOT in "latest map guarantee".
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I gave up any hope of getting it a long time ago.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think we've forgotten....there's just the small matter of a Woolworth's window, Pete. Twisted Evil
ianr17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RESULT!!
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Your Plus Services have been assigned to your account and are ready to be downloaded.
Please do not hesitate to reply with further questions.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

I'm just about to go & d/load it now..thanks for the info & encouragement on pestering TT it was worth it & they know they are wrong aswell.

Ian
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange thing happened when I checked my 520T for the latest map. I have a 2Gb Toshiba card in the slot with my old Map of Western Europe running sucessfully. When I connect to Home it asks which device I wanted to update. I selected memory card, which loaded, and then clicked check for latest map. I was offered an upgrade to UK and IE map, which isn't on my card, but pre-loaded into the 520T device drive. If i accept, does that mean the latest map will be added to may SD Card.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks likely. Click to accept it, can't harm - it's only 177MB, so should fit on the card. Never look a gift horse in the mouth and if TT are offering you something for nothing, pull their arm off. Worst scenario is you get a map that's useless, best scenario is you get a better map than you've got right now in relation to GB & IE.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
iCN520
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RESULT!! Very Happy Jumping With Joy
thanks for the info on pestering TomTom. As everybody on this forum has said "Keep your discussion thread open, don't give up"

cheers

Ken

Discussion Thread
Response (Kweku B. (AU)) 18/01/2008 08.58 AM
Dear Mr,

We have now assigned the version 7.11 map onto your Tom Tom account. You will be able to download and install this with Tom Tom HOME 2.xx.

www.tomtom.com/7602

With Best Regards

Customer 17/01/2008 06.56 PM
Thank you for your reply.

I have scanned and attached the Latest Map Guarantee voucher.

Regards,

Response (Kweku B. (AU)) 17/01/2008 11.03 AM
Dear Mr,

We appreciate the documentation you have sent us and the differences you have pointed out between the maps. We however would like to reiterate that the differences are very small. It may be that in that particular area the map does differ but you will see if you browse the whole map that there will not be many.

Please note that the release of a map preinstalled on a device and one through our download system have different time-frames. The devices need to be installed with the map at the warehouse before it is shipped out across the world to the distributors who then ship these out in turn to the retailer.

Having said this we agree in light of what you have shown us that if you can send us a copy of the Latest Map Guarantee voucher inside your Tom Tom box we will assign you the version 7.11 map.

You can scan the document or take a clear digital picture and attach this to this e-mail. Alternatively you can send us this information by fax. If you send this information by fax, please include the e-mail address you have registered with us and the incident number of this e-mail (071214-007097). Address the fax to Tom Tom Support - UK. Our fax number is: 0031 208501072.

With Best Regards

Customer 16/01/2008 10.35 PM
Thank you for your reply.

With the assistance of a customer who purchased and downloaded the V711 New Zealand Map, we have done a comparison between the two versions which you state
“Are exactly the same”. Please see the attached document and tell me again that I have the latest map. The example included is just one area that I’m familiar with and has been established in the past two to three years. Map version 710 (the version on my device) does not show this sub-division. Map version 711 shows the additional sub-division, this is in conflict with your statement that there is “no difference between the two maps”, “v711 only indicates that it is a download version as opposed the pre installed v710”, and “the size difference is due to the extraction method in Tom Tom HOME”, and “there is only three week between the release of the maps and that in terms of collecting map data this is too short of a time to produce anything different”.
Can you explain exactly “How” I have the latest map available for New Zealand?
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Andy,

I have your ASR link posted on the other forum.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Infama... It's Western and Central Europe v710.1561

The version and build number of the W&CE map I downloaded months ago is v710.1632, so I wonder what these number really mean. Confused

It's called "Western_ and_Central_Europe_2GB". How about yours, Andy?
Samsung Galaxy S21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 28 of 36

Jump to: