Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A couple of new fixed cameras Not on ViaMicheline database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A couple of new fixed cameras Not on ViaMicheline database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: A couple of new fixed cameras Not on ViaMicheline database Reply with quote

Hi,

On the A449 heading out from Worcester to Kiddermisnter there are 2 sets of new Gatso cameras that have been put up inthe last couple of months. I have just bought the X970T today, updated the software, updated the camera database (The ViaMichelin ones) and drove past these but they are not on the system.

They are on this sites data base because I subscribe to this site as well with my old Garmin I3. One of the cameras very aprox position is http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|ombersly#t=l&map=52.24086,-2.22097|14|4&loc=GB:52.23901:-2.22741:14|ombersly|

I have sent an email to viamichellin support as well to see if these can be added on.

Thanks

Jlo
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of fixed cameras I recently travelled down the M42 southbound around Birmingham.

The variable speed cameras that are all over the place here are NOT correctly recorded on the VM camera database since there were numerous occasions when I was warned of cameras where there clearly weren't any and yet where there were cameras the unit remained blissfully silent.

You have been warned as they say Very Happy
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:
On the subject of fixed cameras I recently travelled down the M42 southbound around Birmingham.

The variable speed cameras that are all over the place here are NOT correctly recorded on the VM camera database since there were numerous occasions when I was warned of cameras where there clearly weren't any and yet where there were cameras the unit remained blissfully silent.

You have been warned as they say Very Happy

Interestinly I compared the Pocketworld GPS map of the speedcameras with the camera database on my x970T and it has free cameras marked on the M42 in the same places. I beleive some of the 'boxes' are dummies' as my Garmin I3 with the Pocket world Database only alerted to a few on that road.

Best wishes

Jlo
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I beleive some of the 'boxes' are dummies' as my Garmin I3 with the Pocket world Database only alerted to a few on that road.

Whilst accepting that dummy boxes do exist the fact is that the VM was giving warnings of cameras where there were no boxes at all on the gantries i.e. whether live or otherwise.
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:
Quote:
I beleive some of the 'boxes' are dummies' as my Garmin I3 with the Pocket world Database only alerted to a few on that road.

Whilst accepting that dummy boxes do exist the fact is that the VM was giving warnings of cameras where there were no boxes at all on the gantries i.e. whether live or otherwise.

Thats a fair point!

Best wishes

Jlo

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: